Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1615 / Visits Today: 1615
Highest Active Users: 1615
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Allis Chalmers and Simplicity Garden Tractors
 Buying/Pricing Guidelines
 Shipping Services
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

midnightpumpkin

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2013 :  18:25:03  Show Profile Send midnightpumpkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Michael and I have been shopping for the best price to ship a Powermax 60 inch blade from Ohio to Connecticut.

It turns out Fastenal provides shipping services for palletized freight between thier store locations.

We got a quote of $85.00 to ship the blade with an estimated weight of 220 lbs and dimensions of 60 x 24 x 24 inches. This was nearly 50% of the next best price we found and is very reasonable.

Thier website is at: http://www.fastenal.com/web/en/22/third-party-logistics-

John U

Edited by - midnightpumpkin on 01/08/2014 15:26:02

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2013 :  18:29:03  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've heard of others having good results with this service.
Thanks for the reminder.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2014 :  11:29:11  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just shipped my 14th load with them...excellent rates and results. No complaints thus far. I think I have received 5. I havent' shipped a tractor yet, but I'm real tempted. So far, everything has been between 80-400lbs.

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2014 :  13:19:11  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be taking a picture of the shipment after they shrink wrapped it. It was an easy pickup and excellent packing job by John!

Michael
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2014 :  22:12:49  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eighty dollars would be reasonable for a large frame blade, the big one weight is much more I'm sure. Sounds like a beneficial deal. From this and other sources I'm thinking this is a good viable shipping resource. They are loving this I would think as they need to ship between stores anyway so why not carry other freight?

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2014 :  23:01:38  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The best deal John and I found outside of this company was twice their price at $150 to $165. Other than that a member was coming out my way and we were going to help him with the gas. I still would have spent another $50 in gas to meet and get the blade. I'll be taking a photo of my new toys tomorrow.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2014 :  21:52:46  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So below is how the load looked when I received it. The shipping notice has value, dimensions (60"-24"-24" 220lbs), Freight class 55 and the rate was $85. That was very helpful to get this blade between locations.

Nice dry storage and work area. Only four tractors in this bay.

Close up of the shrink wrap they add.

I'm cleaning out the heated garage and finishing up the tractor to receive this new toy.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2014 :  23:19:53  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
" finishing up the tractor to receive this new toy"
Is this blade going on the "butt ugly "tractor?

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page

midnightpumpkin

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2014 :  04:31:19  Show Profile Send midnightpumpkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The blade came off of the "Ugly Powermax" whatever he puts in on is going to be a big improvement!

I delivered the blade to Fastenal in Willoughby, Ohio on Dec. 23, Michael picked it up on Jan. 7.

That's 9 work days, not bad considering two major Holidays and some really bad weather in that period.

John U
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2014 :  22:27:36  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldron

Yes Ron. Since you visited, I've painted Butt Ugly and working on the kinks. It's got many. Also have some more surprises if I can find the time!

Michael
Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2014 :  22:56:36  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B112

quote:
Originally posted by oldron

Yes Ron. Since you visited, I've painted Butt Ugly and working on the kinks. It's got many. Also have some more surprises if I can find the time!

With no photos,it didn't happen!

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2014 :  08:31:44  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah we need some updated photos, except butt ugly has not left the garage except for Storm Sandy and a brief towing (that's two years now I believe). I hope to update the link below with some photos of the new dash and I'll link to the PTO repairs in progress.

http://www.michaelstractors.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6624

Michael
Go to Top of Page

ac720nut

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2016 :  10:42:59  Show Profile Send ac720nut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
B208S Nebraska to Michigan December 2015 $150 thought that very fair Fastenal

Lloyd
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2016 :  18:38:41  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised a pallet of machinery would move at class 55. New IOS machinery or parts usually moves at class 85 and used moves at higher rates based on declared value accprding to the NMFC. This is designed to protect the freight carriers because the condition of used machinery can not be established at time of shipping. Liability for damage is hard to pinpoint on used machinery. Class 55 is a very good rate as long as a freight inspector doesn't catch it and change the classification.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

oldsarge

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2016 :  10:35:54  Show Profile  Visit oldsarge's Homepage Send oldsarge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was going to ship my old collector motor cycle with Fastenal until we found they couldn't ship in to CA!!! Out but not in?????
LTL quotes were from $450 to $1500 with FedEx frt the highest.Just a small dirt bike and some spare parts
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  16:58:17  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
people ship things misclassified all the time and most of the time the freight carrier just accepts the description on the Bill of Lading because the drivers arent going to question the description and the billing clerks never see the freight unless there is something missing or obviously wrong on the bill of lading. But occasionally someone knowlegable see the descripancy, audits the bill and the classification get changed. When that happens the freight company has the upper hand and weight of law.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic