Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 704 / Visits Today: 299
Highest Active Users: 704
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Allis Chalmers and Simplicity Garden Tractors
 Buying/Pricing Guidelines
 Shipping Services
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

midnightpumpkin

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  23:00:59  Show Profile Send midnightpumpkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phil,

The folks at Fastenal do the classifiying. I simply told them what I was shipping, from what store to what store, the weight, the dimensions, the fact that the blade overhung the skid, and they gave me a price and took care of the paperwork.

Fastenal's core business is not shipping, they happen to have trucks running around the country that have space available, so they sell that space when they can. Thier trucks going to California rarely have space available, thus they do not offer shipping to California.

John U
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2016 :  11:20:20  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to be thankful for the great rates and the knowledge on this site for moving such large toys. I was taking a consulting project management class and 3PL was one of the class examples. In that example, the company was not able to sustain it's business without filling in the gaps in shipping by reselling that space. It ended up making that company more competitive and in control of it's shipping. The win for us is if you can wait, they can get you large items cheaper than other shippers. We are just not high priority.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2016 :  01:47:58  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
John, if it is their own trucks it probably doesn't matter the class. A pallet of freight producing $80 of revenue is far better then than a 4x5 ft space at the tailgate of the trailer.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic