Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 662 / Visits Today: 662
Highest Active Users: 662
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Allis Chalmers and Simplicity Garden Tractors
 Buying/Pricing Guidelines
 Shipping Services

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
midnightpumpkin Posted - 12/11/2013 : 18:25:03
Michael and I have been shopping for the best price to ship a Powermax 60 inch blade from Ohio to Connecticut.

It turns out Fastenal provides shipping services for palletized freight between thier store locations.

We got a quote of $85.00 to ship the blade with an estimated weight of 220 lbs and dimensions of 60 x 24 x 24 inches. This was nearly 50% of the next best price we found and is very reasonable.

Thier website is at: http://www.fastenal.com/web/en/22/third-party-logistics-

John U
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
skunkhome Posted - 02/14/2016 : 01:47:58
John, if it is their own trucks it probably doesn't matter the class. A pallet of freight producing $80 of revenue is far better then than a 4x5 ft space at the tailgate of the trailer.
B112 Posted - 02/09/2016 : 11:20:20
I have to be thankful for the great rates and the knowledge on this site for moving such large toys. I was taking a consulting project management class and 3PL was one of the class examples. In that example, the company was not able to sustain it's business without filling in the gaps in shipping by reselling that space. It ended up making that company more competitive and in control of it's shipping. The win for us is if you can wait, they can get you large items cheaper than other shippers. We are just not high priority.
midnightpumpkin Posted - 02/08/2016 : 23:00:59
Phil,

The folks at Fastenal do the classifiying. I simply told them what I was shipping, from what store to what store, the weight, the dimensions, the fact that the blade overhung the skid, and they gave me a price and took care of the paperwork.

Fastenal's core business is not shipping, they happen to have trucks running around the country that have space available, so they sell that space when they can. Thier trucks going to California rarely have space available, thus they do not offer shipping to California.

John U
skunkhome Posted - 02/08/2016 : 16:58:17
people ship things misclassified all the time and most of the time the freight carrier just accepts the description on the Bill of Lading because the drivers arent going to question the description and the billing clerks never see the freight unless there is something missing or obviously wrong on the bill of lading. But occasionally someone knowlegable see the descripancy, audits the bill and the classification get changed. When that happens the freight company has the upper hand and weight of law.
oldsarge Posted - 02/07/2016 : 10:35:54
I was going to ship my old collector motor cycle with Fastenal until we found they couldn't ship in to CA!!! Out but not in?????
LTL quotes were from $450 to $1500 with FedEx frt the highest.Just a small dirt bike and some spare parts
skunkhome Posted - 02/06/2016 : 18:38:41
I'm surprised a pallet of machinery would move at class 55. New IOS machinery or parts usually moves at class 85 and used moves at higher rates based on declared value accprding to the NMFC. This is designed to protect the freight carriers because the condition of used machinery can not be established at time of shipping. Liability for damage is hard to pinpoint on used machinery. Class 55 is a very good rate as long as a freight inspector doesn't catch it and change the classification.
ac720nut Posted - 02/06/2016 : 10:42:59
B208S Nebraska to Michigan December 2015 $150 thought that very fair Fastenal
B112 Posted - 01/13/2014 : 08:31:44
Yeah we need some updated photos, except butt ugly has not left the garage except for Storm Sandy and a brief towing (that's two years now I believe). I hope to update the link below with some photos of the new dash and I'll link to the PTO repairs in progress.

http://www.michaelstractors.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6624
oldron Posted - 01/12/2014 : 22:56:36
quote:
Originally posted by B112

quote:
Originally posted by oldron

" finishing up the tractor to receive this new toy"
Is this blade going on the "butt ugly "tractor?

Yes Ron. Since you visited, I've painted Butt Ugly and working on the kinks. It's got many. Also have some more surprises if I can find the time!

With no photos,it didn't happen!
B112 Posted - 01/12/2014 : 22:27:36
quote:
Originally posted by oldron

Yes Ron. Since you visited, I've painted Butt Ugly and working on the kinks. It's got many. Also have some more surprises if I can find the time!
midnightpumpkin Posted - 01/12/2014 : 04:31:19
The blade came off of the "Ugly Powermax" whatever he puts in on is going to be a big improvement!

I delivered the blade to Fastenal in Willoughby, Ohio on Dec. 23, Michael picked it up on Jan. 7.

That's 9 work days, not bad considering two major Holidays and some really bad weather in that period.

John U
oldron Posted - 01/11/2014 : 23:19:53
B112 Posted - 01/11/2014 : 21:52:46
So below is how the load looked when I received it. The shipping notice has value, dimensions (60"-24"-24" 220lbs), Freight class 55 and the rate was $85. That was very helpful to get this blade between locations.

Nice dry storage and work area. Only four tractors in this bay.

Close up of the shrink wrap they add.

I'm cleaning out the heated garage and finishing up the tractor to receive this new toy.
B112 Posted - 01/09/2014 : 23:01:38
The best deal John and I found outside of this company was twice their price at $150 to $165. Other than that a member was coming out my way and we were going to help him with the gas. I still would have spent another $50 in gas to meet and get the blade. I'll be taking a photo of my new toys tomorrow.
B-16_IC Posted - 01/09/2014 : 22:12:49
Eighty dollars would be reasonable for a large frame blade, the big one weight is much more I'm sure. Sounds like a beneficial deal. From this and other sources I'm thinking this is a good viable shipping resource. They are loving this I would think as they need to ship between stores anyway so why not carry other freight?

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1