Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1821 / Visits Today: 1658
Highest Active Users: 1821
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 New Tool Simplicity Loader 515
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  05:25:50  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm tickled to share a new acquisition...this is a Simplicity model #990515 loader. I first saw it here in the classifieds several months ago, but a lot of stuff needed to go before bringing this in. It took some doing, to get the logistics to pan out, but it's here now =]

It's a beast, and I'm very pleased with it's functionality and performance. It is much more effective than my L-10 loader, and will never look quite as purdy. I foresee a lot of work and seat time with this one!

I'll do a walk around here, since I've never found good pics of how these mount on the net. Hopefully it's a decent pictorial of how these mount and operate. It is actually a very simple system, and was quite easy to mount up (an hour my first time through with mistakes).

The loader requires wheel spacers, to clear the loader and weight box frame.

The rear mounting is a solid bar through the BGB/tranny plates
RH/clutch side

LH/PTO side

And the weight box...

Here's the subframe components. Any mid or rear attachments can be used without removal of the loader itself. The loader can be removed from the subframe with 4 bolts, allowing use of any front attachments as well.

Denny

348 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  05:59:45  Show Profile  Visit Denny's Homepage Send Denny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh, the deck plate,,foot rests,,are supposed to have 1 1/2" spacers and mount below the frame. Other than that,,,,great find !!
If you get a chance,, run a tape measure on your weight box someday,, as I need to build 2 of them for mine.

Early B10
67 Bee10
68 B16HD 112 Loader
68 B112 L112
68 B112
4041 Power Max
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  07:12:44  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great find! Hydrostatic with the pipe rear mount! I like it. That's the machine.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  10:56:51  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Denny

Josh, the deck plate,,foot rests,,are supposed to have 1 1/2" spacers and mount below the frame. Other than that,,,,great find !!
If you get a chance,, run a tape measure on your weight box someday,, as I need to build 2 of them for mine.

I do have the spacers, but the PO had the footrests up high. I will need to drop those....they have my knees in my chin! =]

I will post some pics and measures as soon as I am able.

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  11:01:42  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a nice looking loader. I can't get over how large and heavy looking the buckets on those are.
Hope you get lots of use out of it and thanks for all the nice photos.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  11:39:41  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The loader is amazingly fast....with that big ol bucket flying around, it makes me wonder if I should slow the pump with a different pulley?

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  12:28:29  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have found that overly fast loaders can be hard to position properly. The one on my Bolens is plenty fast and the one on the 850 Ford is slow. If I'm working on something that needs to be placed just so, than the Ford gets used even though it is bigger and clumsier. If it is just a matter of changing a pulley I would give slowing it down some real consideration.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  21:39:15  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very Cool Josh! I wish mine had the dump cylinder, but i make due.

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  22:09:45  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is one sweet looking original! Fine buy, looks great on that hydro.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Johnb212

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  12:19:44  Show Profile Send Johnb212 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The new loader looks great Josh, I see you Installed wheel spacers between the rim and hub. Were they also for installing between two narrow rims for duals or are they specifically for placing them where you have them. Can you give me a measurement on the length of the spacer and diameter of the spaceer tube.
I have been trying to figure out what to do with the rear wheel spread on my B212 with Quik-Way loader, I didn't want to go to duals but I needed to do something. Last weekend I rolled mine over on a slight bank, bucket raised, no brakes. I can't seem to get the brakes and clutch adjustment correctly so I was doing a stupid thing by using it anyway and found myself in trouble. Only my pride and butt are brused. I pulled it back over with my pickup and all is well, the tractor was completely undamaged. I was quick to shut it off and make sure all my parts were tucked in when I knew I was going over. The manual says that you must install duals with a loader, I know why. Probably going to post it on Youtube for all to have a good laugh. My wife got it all on vidio along with her scream(s). So your help with the spacers will be appreciated. I will be taking the B212 to a Simplicity dealer to fix the brake / clutch adjustment becasuse I have had enough of it for now and the tractor is bound to the garage untill it's fixed or my 40 year marriage will be at risk.
John

The best time to make friends is before you need them.

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  13:31:20  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
John, it sounds like you learned the tough way! Glad to hear everything is alright. (I would very much like to watch that video though, no offense) =]

Yeah, these spacers are included with the mounting kit #990510, and are intended to push the tires out, clear of the loader frame. I suppose width and stability may be a part of that as well. The 10.5" tires certainly help too. This loader manual doesn't call out the need for duals, as my L-10 manual does. On that machine, I'm not a big fan of running the duals because it also requires spacers like these, which really puts that outer wheel quite a ways out there.

Here's a link to Michael's loader resource here on the site, and a picture from there of the spacers:
http://www.michaelstractors.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5

Go to Top of Page

Johnb212

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  21:13:36  Show Profile Send Johnb212 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh, Check your personal e-mail for my message about the video.
John

The best time to make friends is before you need them.

Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  20:36:51  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is one great find Josh!

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  06:51:40  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quick followup on the FEL setup, since I've had a couple weeks to let it soak in. The machine it's mounted on mows about 2 acres/week, and is on snow duty in the winter. The benefit of the OEM loaders over aftermarket, is that you're supposed to still have use of attachments.

I've been mowing with the machine since mounting the laoder, and here's a few pics of the limitations. I did lose some lift on the deck, and had to ditch the height adjusters to clear the subframe. I cannot recall the last time I adjusted a deck's height, and it actually makes mounting/dismounting a tad easier. Other than that, she still cuts like a dream

I quickly decided to ditch the bucket vs removing the loader from the subframe. It's a handful for one guy, and where I keep the tractor, I have no overhead hoist (yet). I relpaced the bucket pins with larger, handled pins for easy removal, and the loader arms really don't get in the way much when cutting. I wasn't a fan of the 75# bucket bouncing around out there when I was haulin' arse to get my mowing done.

To use a Weedcutter, dozer or blower, the loader wuld need to be dismounted from the subframe, in order for the lift to clear, and the pulley sets to access the PTO. The only tiem I see a need for removing a subframe bracket would be to allow full lift of a sickle bar. It's a well designed piece of equipment!

Edited by - Talntedmrgreen on 06/21/2012 06:51:58
Go to Top of Page

SimplicitySwede

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  08:03:39  Show Profile  Visit SimplicitySwede's Homepage Send SimplicitySwede a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not only is that my dream tractor it looks good with a loader. I might have to find one now :)
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  09:15:41  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh, I made a wooden frame where I can easily slide the loader on and off the mounts. I have a flat bed trailer I can hoist and move the loader around after that. I haven't needed an overhead lift, though that would be nice. Thanks for the photos as I have to try that soon.

Michael
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic