Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 5246 / Visits Today: 2424
Highest Active Users: 5246
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 JBI Diesel Repower Project
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  21:21:00  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Coming along nicely Daniel. Did you get your other Bush Hog resto done, or is it on hold for paint/parts? Dave P.S. Can you make me a set of 4 decals like you made for my BigTen seat back, but with Allis Chalmers Lawn and Garden below or bent around the AC logo? Absolutly no rush. I want to put them on my trailer fenders front and back. PM/email me when it is convenient. Thanks Dave.

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  22:29:56  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'll never hear me complain about someone else's welding unless it breaks and hits me in the head.
Nice Idea with the running boards so you have room for other things. With my projects it seems I'm always having to find a place for the battery. The Wheel Horse had the least room.
Coming along nicely!

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  12:58:48  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been working on the dash. Cut out a new dash plate yesterday & plasma cut the holes today. All gauges & such mounted up, & will make all connections this afternoon. All comes back out in a year or so for paint, but gotta get a functional tractor first. Also got the radiator shields in place. 55F & climbing here....NICE out, with sun!

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  14:03:47  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Won't be long and we will be hearing a road report. My radiator is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  16:49:43  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dash work is finished, after running into a snag. The factory engine's wiring had the charge wire hardwired inside the harness to the battery wire, so I could only get a discharge reading from the ammeter. Ran a new wire from the battery to the ammeter, so all works as it should. Took most of the day to do all the dash building/wiring, & undoing then re-routing the capillary tube for the temp gauge. but worth it. The dash panel is chock full, but held all I needed it to & all works perfectly. And I so loved a day of shop time on my hobby instead of a farm job. I also ended up adding the other fuse holder to separate some items.

Edited by - olcowhand on 01/30/2011 16:51:17
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  10:29:04  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not updated in a while, but things are advancing slowly. Been driving her a bit, got the pedal hydro control built & functioning too. Working on the power steering now.

Edited by - olcowhand on 03/01/2011 10:30:00
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  10:32:44  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A couple short video clips while I drive it. Shaky, but you can hear from it how little the engine knows when slamming it full speed from a stop.

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/olcowhand_in_ky/JBI%20Diesel%20Repower/?action=view¤t=MOV00292.mp4
[URL=http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/olcowhand_in_ky/JBI%20Diesel%20Repower/?action=view¤t=MOV00292.mp4]http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/olcowhand_in_ky/JBI%20Diesel%20Repower/?action=view¤t=MOV00291.mp4

[URL=http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/olcowhand_in_ky/JBI%20Diesel%20Repower/?action=view¤t=MOV00291.mp4]

Edited by - olcowhand on 03/01/2011 10:33:56
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  10:38:49  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of you guys needs to teach me how to properly make photobucket videos play here on the MT pages! LOL

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  11:23:39  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, the engine is sitting frontwards in the chassis. Am I correct that engine has a displacement of about 1000cc and 23-24 hp. o

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  20:20:18  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That was fun. When you get done you should drive around the Farm and
show us what's what. That way when you talk about things your doing we
would have a better idea of what's going on and where.
I thought you might get done with your project before me but now I'm thinking
it might be close. Installed the B7100 radiator and adjustable fan switch.
Cleaned up the wiring and now starting on the hood.
You have come a long ways in a short time Daniel. I don't know how you do it
with all those irons you have in the fire.

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  20:50:04  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'll beat me Chris. Soon it will be planting time, haying time, and endless lists of other things. I have tons of things yet to do on the JB. The hood & grill have to be split & widened for the radiator. The hood will remain the same at the rear & taper out about 1/2 to 3/4" wider at the front. 3pt lift arms to build, and will be putting turning brakes on it too, off a JD140 which has the same differential. Then I MUST get the D4-10 resto finished by late summer too.

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  00:50:48  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know how in the world you shut your head off at night with all
this stuff running through your mind. Two projects at a time is about
all I care to take on. I think you were working on a crawler that broke
down earlier. Did you get that finished? Was the D4-10 the other garden tractor
you were working on.?

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  08:34:01  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chris, there are nights my mind keps me up late! lol Yes, had a lot of things going at the same time, but that's how I work best, with a lot going on....to a point though. When things get too busy, that's when the sleepless night come in. I'm at Cave City, Ky near home now at a dairy meeting. Gotta leave meeting before noon to shoot to a hydraulic shop and then pick up an auger part. I gotta load a semi with corn this afternoon. Requires the bin sweep, which needs a new rubber drive wheel. Once that bin is cleaned, I have to switch the auger to another bin to top off the truck. The hydraulic parts are for the JB's power steering.

Go to Top of Page

doyoucesp1965

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  21:18:28  Show Profile  Visit doyoucesp1965's Homepage Send doyoucesp1965 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel and Chris..On the second page of this thread you were mentioning abouta Externsldriven water pump..I havent seen a Horizon come threw the door in a Very Long time! Was just at work today and was thinking again about that water pump Question..Beleave the new thing to be looking into are those newer ford taurus and Ford Escape V-6 double cam duratec's... They have the water pump being driven by the forward cam nowadays.. it is on an ecentric adjuster.. has what looks like a smaller hose and a large 1 1/2 inch or better radiator hose..Let me know if it will workor shall post the next best alternative...
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  22:01:32  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information Ed. I have since installed a larger radiator designs for thermal siphon use and hope this cures my problem. If it doesn't I'll be in touch with you. I won't know until the weather gets hot in a few months. Right now I'm setting in a Blizzard again so it's hard to think about hot weather. Come on spring

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic