Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 5745 / Visits Today: 3428
Highest Active Users: 5745
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 JBI Diesel Repower Project
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

doyoucesp1965

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  08:22:08  Show Profile  Visit doyoucesp1965's Homepage Send doyoucesp1965 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blizzard's I hate! Crocus's are popping up here in N.Y. and looking forward to Spring! 6+ inch's of rain and the river is back in the yard! I just Gotta get me a backhoe! Planning on a Pond in the front yard to the right of the driveway so... If I could just find one Cheap Enough..lol Wife all good with that and I promised her that if I did it would throw down on the ice some nice white beach sand to make her a Beach like she had at Daytona when the ice melted in the following Spring!.. Good luck with the tractor! If I find anything else will try to post it somewhere as info always helpfull! Very nice conversion wish I had the time to do what you guy's do..Still payin out the butt and not alot of spare jingle in the pocket for the toy fund!
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  20:46:45  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been making more progress. As I said many times, I am roughing this in for now...pretty can wait. Got the hood lengthened today. 3pt arms off a Case modified to work a few days ago. Had to make the lift link arms from scratch. Found a turnbuckle off an old planter row marker arm for making an adjusting link. Tons more to do, but she's coming together well. Just using a 1 gallon tank till I get time to build a large one. If rain holds off, I'll be taking it to a small plow day next Saturday to give it a test.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Edited by - olcowhand on 03/12/2011 21:03:56
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  18:27:28  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That thing looks like a beast Daniel. Can't wait to hear the plowing report.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  20:34:20  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chris, I plowed some garden this afternoon & I do believe I've built my ultimate garden tractor! This thing IS the "Boss Hog", which is what I will badge it! The engine has NO idea the single 10" plow is back there. In the one wet spot, it did lose traction, but otherwise it'll go full speed with the plow, tossing dirt too far for a smooth job. I just hold the hydro to full speed with a little over 1/2 throttle for a smooth plow. No way I need full engine rpm, but at the same time, full rpm with slower pedal speed is easier on the hydro. I could smell the hydro getting hot after a while, so I stopped plowing till it cooled a while. I have enough hydraulic hoses to run the return lines in a loop to the front of the radiator, where I'll mount a new 8x14" six pass cooler I already had. This should take care of the heat. Short just 3 fittings to install it, but I'll get it all ready this week. I hope it doesn't rain too much this week to prevent plow day at Georgetown, Ky this Saturday.

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  20:40:05  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drove the JB diesel to my BIL's tonight. Parked the diesel JB next to his John Deere 430. The JB is a couple inches longer, and front to back wheelbase is about 2" longer also, with my JB's wheelbase remaining stock. The 430's hood is a good 3" taller than the JB's hood. I thought the 430 was wider in the rear wheels, but they are the pretty much the same. Both are pretty large machines!

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  22:12:13  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very impressive
How many horse power is this engine
Instead of running hoses to your oil cooler I would like to
suggest tubbing. You will dissipate a lot more heat that way. I'll be priming the hood on mine in the next couple of days and then I will
post some new photos.
Plowing this afternoon would be great. I can't even see my garden over the snow

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  08:48:28  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought about using large brake line, but going low-buck and I have the hoses already. When I pull her apart to do painting (a year or more possibly), I think I'll lay in some tubing then, as she goes back together. Right now things are overcrowded, but with apart, it would be easy to route the steel line.
The engine is rated 22 1/2hp continuous, 27hp intermittent. Heading to "The Parker Store" for my fittings in a few minutes.

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  15:40:58  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Getting the JB Diesel "Boss Hog" ready for Vevay, Indiana plow day on the 16th. The NOS hydro & differential seem fine, but wanted to test her out. So took to the field with the 2 bottom double 10" plow. It pulled mighty hard in our tough soils, but mainly because this is a single speed differential & gearing is just too high for a seriously hard pull. So I dropped the one plow & went single 10"......and it'll walk the dog! I just leave it full speed at the hydro & adjust speed with the throttle. What I need now is a single 12" plow. I also shot some primer on her to make it not as redneck for plow day. Here's a video starting with the 2-bottom, then me with the single, then my BIL Fred on the last of the video. Fred likes to video his fingers! LOL At least his nails are clean!
Watch Fred (look for the green hat) in the last of the video when he opens the throttle. This beast doesn't know a 10" plow is even back there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox4E98IJaSc

Edited by - olcowhand on 04/10/2011 15:41:21
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  15:43:44  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, I hadn't showed the fenders I made from 1/8" sheet metal! Since I took these pics, I added seat rails welded direct to the fenders, that you can see in the video.

Edited by - olcowhand on 04/10/2011 15:44:50
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  15:46:47  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, also forgot to tell about the Georgetown, Ky plow day....my original hydro gave out 20 minutes in. The charge pump quit on me. So I just watched everyone else plow, but still had a good time. The NOS hydro & differential now reside in the tractor!

Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  21:59:46  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the pics and video! Man that thing zings right along! Nice work!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  22:28:28  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is just nuts Daniel. I don't think I have ever seen a plow throw dirt like that. You give that tractor throttle
with the plow down and the tractor doesn't even know it's back there. Great job!

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

superbinder

214 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  22:33:24  Show Profile Send superbinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice plowing.How about a shot of the 2 bottom plow. thanks
Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  22:45:29  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That looked like so much fun you could use it for stress relief therapy. Works good Daniel. Can't wait to see it finished and painted. Dave.

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

Ezra

Canada
42 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  15:14:07  Show Profile  Visit Ezra's Homepage  Send Ezra an ICQ Message Send Ezra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW you guys are having alot of fun with this stuff. I wish i had the equipment to do some of the stuff you guys are doing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic