Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3479 / Visits Today: 39
Highest Active Users: 3479
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 JBI Diesel Repower Project
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2011 :  20:03:32  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

Sounds Great! Think you could pick up the pace a little bit?

I'll do my best Chris! My day off tomorrow, so plan to try to get a lot done. There's way more to be done than some may realize.
And Wednesday, I take my 85yr old Dad to Louisville for hip replacement. He still put in a full day's work most days, so this spring could either mean he can do more, or maybe way less. I likely won't have nearly the spare time that I've had up to this point. That's one reason I'm getting as much done now as I can.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

truckman

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2011 :  20:13:16  Show Profile  Visit truckman's Homepage Send truckman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel this is one nice project you have going on. I for one love the Kubota motors. I have one of the first
Kubota tractors sold around hear. It's a mid 60s L210 never been overhauled and still runs like a champ.
Chris if your looking for a belt driven water pump I may have what you need. I picked up a flat head ford V8
A while ago that was used as an inboard motor for a boat has a pair of bronze water pumps for pulling the
Lake water into the motor. I have no use for them so if your interested let me know and I'll snap a couple pics
For you. Can't wait for the next installment in this build. Just love this stuff!!!

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  00:51:16  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Truckman:
I have sent you an E-mail. Thanks for the offer!
Daniel:
I hope your Fathers surgery goes well. I have visited with people who were very happy with their new hips. Make sure he follows through with his physical therapy. The hardest part for you is going to be convincing him to give things time to heal. It's hard to hold a good man down.
Enjoy your day off.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Edited by - Cvans on 01/16/2011 00:51:55
Go to Top of Page

terdybukrat

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  07:21:20  Show Profile  Visit terdybukrat's Homepage Send terdybukrat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel, I'm amazed at how quickly this is unfolding! Looks like it will be a sweet ride.

If at first you don't succeed...grab a bigger hammer!
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  15:45:34  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All I have accomplished today is the driveshaft stub assembly. Had the lathe belt come apart, so had to patch lace it up enough to finish turning the diameter of the plate to 3 1/2". The stub mounts to the flywheel bolts, then comes out over 2" before it clears the rear of the flywheel to where I can mount the double pulley for rear PTO, then the driveshaft slips on. This leaves the shaft kind of "out there". With all the pull of the belts I'm kinda worried about stressing the shaft. So I will lathe out a steel plate that will exactly fit to the rear of the flywheel, where normally a pressure plate would fit. I will turn it exactly 8 1/2", so that it will fit perfectly into the recess, then mark & drill the mount holes. The center will be machined out to exactly 1" to fit the shaft snug, plus I will weld a 1" bearing lock collar to the back of the plate for more support surface area. This will handle the side load of the shaft fine.
I am not machinist by any stretch of the word, but I get by....most of the time! LOL

Edited by - olcowhand on 01/16/2011 15:46:52
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  15:54:41  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are pics while building the adapter stub assembly. It's all welded up & trued now, as once welded, I chucked it back in the lathe & faced both sides of the plate. I figured the weld would have deformed things more, but took very little off the faces to true them. No finished pic....camera batteries dumped on me before I finished. I machined the plate's center hole for a .003 interference fit with the shaft, so once pressed in, it would be true.

Go to Top of Page

truckman

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  20:58:39  Show Profile  Visit truckman's Homepage Send truckman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chris,
Never got your E-mail, I tried to send you one through the site not sure if you got it or not.
My email is truckmannorth@yahoo.com
Thanks

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  21:02:55  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DaNIEL, you are handier than a shirt pocket.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  21:42:55  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dale I just replied to you via this web site and your E-mail address.
Thanks for your patience.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  23:46:38  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Daniel. Have you had an opportunity to look at this project anymore?
I know you've been up to your ears in alligators but I thought there just might be a chance you would sneak out there for a couple of minutes. Or has your other breakdown got you tied up?

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  09:49:20  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not had a chance to even look at it since last Saturday. Taking a day off tomorrow, so may tinker with it some. Could take it for a test drive if Fastenal would ever get the longer bolts I need to bolt the adapter to the flywheel. Been 10 days & no bolts yet!

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  13:25:06  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It might be time to see if the order ever actually got placed or not. In the past I have had excellent service from Fastenal but you never know.
Enjoy your day off!

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  15:42:09  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Chris, I stopped by there Thursday while getting Mom's prescription. The smaller bolts came in, but the main flywheel bolts are still in transit.
I did tinker with it a little today, plus I did some last Saturday that I haven't posted pics of here yet. Will try to do an update tonight or tomorrow. I did decide on a name for this tractor when finished......"BOSS HOG"!

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  19:23:39  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last Saturday I decided on my alterations. The fender boxes will go....badly rotted anyway. With the boxes gone, I need to put the battery & fuel tank inside the dash tower where you put your feet in stock trim. Way too tight for feet in there....to be comfortable anyway. So I added floorboards from A Massey MF14, but had to put some extensions on the frame for the floorboards to mount to & bring them out. I used box tubing, heated with torch to form a matching angle to floorboards. My welding plain old sucks, so please look past that. The wire welder didn't react well to the rusty metal, plus I couldn't see what I was doing. My helmet has new lens covers, but everything was a blur.

And here is where the foot control for the hydro will go. Just sitting there for the pic.

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  19:24:41  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will also be making new wider fenders that will be bent to bolt to the floorboards.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic