Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2550 / Visits Today: 160
Highest Active Users: 2550
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Catchin Up on All Sorts of Stuff
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  21:12:11  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I've been sittin on a few projects, so I thought I'd share. I've done so much tractor chasing, attachment tradin and selling that I can't possibly post on it all. I mentioned the Squire in a post earlier, and since winter was blah, I went ahead, got it running good, then tore it down. I pick that up from the blaster Tuesday, and will prime. I'll post on that when I get some pics.

I also picked up a long-awaiting Gannon Earthcavator, which was partially ready to mount to my machines. I finished the needed mods and had that blasted. In preparation for my Squire work, I had built a makeshift booth out back, under the deck, and shot the Gannon today while it was a balmy 70 degrees.

Here's some brochure pics of the B-series hitching

I worked with Nate from Vintage Reproductions to have the decals made up and they are now on their site.

http://www.clickitandstickit.com/gannon-earthcavator-decals/

I also am getting a helping hand from a member here, in having reproduction ripper shanks made. They are NLA from Woods, and I have one NOS OEM shank to work from. Fingers crossed! Another neat thing about this place...all the resourceful people!

I also had a unique opportunity to make a run over to Jon's place. He and I came together on a pair of his machines, and I have those home now. It figures that I look long and hard for something like the Carry All, then end up with 2. (Apparently that luck does not come with FEL's)

A buddy down in Ohio is taking the 3212V and Weedcutter. That makes 3 cutters this year that have gone through here...

Had a set of AG's on the wide rims I had picked up...I love them on that old 101!

Finally got ahold of a nice Simplicity/Allis moldboard and Spring Tooth Harrow. I can't wait to try these! I like the build of the plough much better than my Brinly, which I promptly sold.

The Harrow is nearly NOS. It hasn't been refinished, and there is only a hint of paint worn from the tines

I stumbled on a NOS 36" dozer for the Wonderboy Super and Wonderboy Special, if anyone is interested

And finally, I worked out a deal on a NOS 20" Brush and Log saw, which will get a post of it's own, hopefully in the near future. I talked with a fellow who adapted one to his 725 with nothing more than a tiller PTO. No drilling, no fabrication. As soon as I gather up the needed PTO parts, and swap the big pulley to make it 1:1, I'd like to put this on the Wonderboy 700 for shows.

So, with any luck, I'll have some neat stuff to share as the mild 'winter' turns to spring. The time change will help, as I'll get some much needed daylight after work during the week.

Edited by - Talntedmrgreen on 03/11/2012 21:19:40

canawler

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  22:26:39  Show Profile  Visit canawler's Homepage Send canawler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You've been quite the busy boy, lately.

I could hurt myself with that saw....

---Jim
'74 Allis-Chalmers Homesteader 8 X2
'67 Simplicity Broadmoor 717
'74 MTD 990
'67? Pennsylvania Meteor 1010
'93 Troybilt GTX-18
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  23:06:44  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow someone has all the toys . Don't forget to hand the Simplicity Museum sign on the driveway entrance, nice projects!

Michael
Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  05:16:52  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very Nice Josh! Thanks for the update and pics.

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  07:54:35  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do I also see a winter paint booth there?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  08:53:37  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup...that's the best I can come up with. Ends up being about 10x10x9H. Hung some lengths of steel by chain that I can then dangle my Squire parts from. I should be able to get the whole tractor hanging in there, and plan to shoot primer Tuesday, when it's 60, then hopefully paint on Wednesday. They are saying 78 degrees! It sure would be nice to have it painted, but my booth isn't completely waterproof from above, so I have to keep an eye out for the weather.

Go to Top of Page

sammiefish

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  17:15:01  Show Profile  Visit sammiefish's Homepage Send sammiefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice finds!!

Ahhh, Seneca Falls NY... not far from here...
said to be the inspiration for Bedford Falls
in "It's a Wonderful Life"
Karolyn Grimes who played “ZuZu” in the film was
just up here in December....

Chris 3/4's : )

Edited by - sammiefish on 03/12/2012 17:17:16
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  18:56:39  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr Green, I am green with envy over all that NOS stuff you have. I think you need to send that cord wood saw down to me because it has been marked with the mark of the devil and must be purified.. I must warn you that it may take many many years to make it safe for you to handle. All kidding aside, be careful with that thing. Don't you know risk management was happy to see that dropped from the line.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 03/12/2012 18:58:38
Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  21:57:51  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice finds and purchases Josh. You will have lots of great stuff to take to summer shows. Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

19luna57

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  02:49:52  Show Profile Send 19luna57 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great looking finds,looks like we both have new to us toys. Your next chore will be finding time to enjoy them,lots of luck!! Phil
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  05:55:25  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I can't wait to 'play'! =] The Earthcavator will see some use, and the paint with hardener dried rock hard overnight. I'm shocked...definitly done with rattle cans. The Log Saw will be a showpiece. I'd like to keep it NOS, and think it will certainly draw some looks at shows. I don't think there's anything around here I'd need to cut with it, that wouldn't be easier with a chainsaw. I just couldn't say no, and hope to make it into one of Dave's show-time picture shows! =]

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  07:42:41  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't believe that one person can be that lucky. Congratulations on your finds. I have never seen one of those saws before.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  13:43:12  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm trying not to count my chickens before they're hatched, but have a couple more treats due in the coming weeks as well....fingers crossed =]

Go to Top of Page

sammiefish

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  21:11:02  Show Profile  Visit sammiefish's Homepage Send sammiefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

...The Log Saw will be a showpiece. I'd like to keep it NOS, and think it will certainly draw some looks at shows. I don't think there's anything around here I'd need to cut with it, that wouldn't be easier with a chainsaw....

that would be a sight to see spun up at a show...

Chris 3/4's : )
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2012 :  11:40:05  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the show-police would visit for sure. I'm thinking I will take clear hose and cut it lengthwise to fit over the teeth.

Go to Top of Page

igo2xs

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2012 :  13:11:13  Show Profile  Visit igo2xs's Homepage Send igo2xs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
neet implements there josh, oh that saw is so scary
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic