Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1877 / Visits Today: 1877
Highest Active Users: 1877
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Play Date...E-Z Rake
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2012 :  19:46:15  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had a 50/50 chance of storms today, and some family obligations (new niece born last nite!) so I opted out of doing any painting today. When I got some free time, I figured I'd play a bit instead, and got the E-Z Rake setup for it's maiden voyage.

Here's some brochure pics...mine is all there with the exception of the belt guard

I got this off an retired AC dealer in Western PA back in December, and haven't had a chance to hook her up until now. I had to fiddle with some bushings, to properly align the driven pulley with the hitch assembly, but it mounts just like a blower or Weedcutter.

Same style push pull engagement...

The rake was never designed with lift capability for the B's, but I had to add that, to get over and around some edges and obstacles. I found a bracket that someone had mounted a headlight to one of my other machines with, and it worked like a charm, giving adequate clearance over the drive shaft on the Rake. I didn't drill a single hole in the Rake to mount it..

All in all, it's a fantasic attachment. It's simple and very effective (once I figured out the proper belt length) It is far superior to the Revitalizer for thatching, but doesn't aerate quite as well, nor is it designed to. I think the two in unison would really be a phenomenal duo!

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2012 :  20:08:50  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a cool piece. I had never seen that implement before.
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  06:28:28  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats awesome Josh. I too have never seen ont of those.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

19luna57

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  23:53:25  Show Profile Send 19luna57 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats unique if it's ever been invented,Never seen the like on garden tractor. Thanks for the pics of something new to me. Phil
Go to Top of Page

cschmidt62

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  05:51:41  Show Profile  Visit cschmidt62's Homepage Send cschmidt62 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have one and have used it on my nearly one acre yard. Your gonna need something to pick up the thatch as it pulls up a bunch of it. I follow up with the vac on another tractor. They do a great job.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  13:58:56  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vac is inbound from CT as we speak! (thank you Adam!)

Last fall I thatched with the Revitalizer, and just multched all the crud. My lawn needs all the nutrients it can get, but now Im thinking it is in need of air, so I do plan on pulling a bunch of thatch out this spring.

Go to Top of Page

ASEguy

319 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2012 :  21:01:29  Show Profile  Visit ASEguy's Homepage Send ASEguy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gosh Josh, you're killin me! You seem to be in a target rich environment. I am envious! By the way you're B-110 looks very good with the chains and weights. I now have another item to add to my wishlist since I have zoysia. It's right behind a blade and a snowthrower. By the way I found a good way for my wife to not say a word when I buy tractor parts...I bought her a newer Dodge Grand Caravan...and make the payments.

Gerard
1967 Allis B-110
1948 Allis model C
1949 Ford 8N (gift)
Gravely model L walk behind (gift)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic