Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2879 / Visits Today: 630
Highest Active Users: 2879
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Transformation almost complete
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  15:22:05  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the 7117 converted to 914 Hydro machine that I have done a minor restoration on. I still have to replace the hood with a spare I have that is straighter and put new 914H decals on it (current hood is from a 917H). I am amazed at the difference in power from the 10 horse FDT's I have. This thing has a ton of power and it moved the wet heavy snow effortlessly with the FDT snowblower on it. I still have to fabricate a bracket for the snowblower's engagement rod.

Love the hydro and hyraulic lift. Very happy with the tractor, but it sure is a monster in size compared to the FDT'S.

Before.....

And after.....

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Edited by - acdad on 03/27/2012 15:35:35

sammiefish

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  18:14:15  Show Profile  Visit sammiefish's Homepage Send sammiefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice, ive been waiting to see it....
very cool...

did you sell your B?
i saw one that i thought might be yours...

Chris 3/4's : )

Edited by - sammiefish on 03/27/2012 18:15:02
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  18:21:39  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sammiefish

very cool...

did you sell your B?

Thanks Chris and yes, it is my Bee10 for sale on here and on CL.

Unexpectedly, I totally love this 914Hydro and I really dont have room in the shed for 4 tractors. So I decided to sell the Bee10. I really hate to see it go as I am only 2nd owner but my Early B10 was my cousins so I want to do a complete resto on that one.

I plan on keeping the Early B10, the 914H and the '09 Craftsman YT I use for mowing.

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Edited by - acdad on 03/27/2012 18:24:37
Go to Top of Page

sammiefish

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  18:40:10  Show Profile  Visit sammiefish's Homepage Send sammiefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by acdad

quote:
Originally posted by sammiefish

very cool...

did you sell your B?

Thanks Chris and yes, it is my Bee10 for sale on here and on CL.

Unexpectedly, I totally love this 914Hydro and I really dont have room in the shed for 4 tractors. So I decided to sell the Bee10. I really hate to see it go as I am only 2nd owner but my Early B10 was my cousins so I want to do a complete resto on that one.

I plan on keeping the Early B10, the 914H and the '09 Craftsman YT I use for mowing.

ahh, i didnt see it here but i saw it on CL... thought it was yours with the Buick in the background... it looks great...!!!

I bet you've found that 914H has power to burn and probably is
very easy to work with the hydro

Chris 3/4's : )

Edited by - sammiefish on 03/27/2012 18:42:42
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  18:56:31  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice! I really do love my FDT's, as they carry the 'novelty' factor a bit more than newer models for me, BUT...I keep telling folks that if I had to have one, for all the chores, it would be a a cone clutch/hydro/32CID machine. The torque is incredible, and I like the long wheelbase and larger feel. The PTO's are easy to use, and the hydro's are smooth and easy to operate. Lots of advantages, for sure!

My hope is to try my hand at building that very machine, but in roundhood steel. I have all the parts, we'll just see when I get around to putting it all together! =]

Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  19:52:32  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now Josh, you have peaked my curiosity. I want lots and lots of pics of that project

Also I agree on the size. There is a boat load of hood in front of you when in the seat of that 914H and hydro is very smooth and the lift is effortless with snow blower on

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  20:08:45  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like that loooong hood look. I'm betting your 914 feels much longer than anything I've driven. My 3212H feels like a cadillac vs my round hoods. The 716-6 does too, but I believe the 9's are longer yet. I've never driven a Sunstrand either, or used a late model hydrolift. All in due time, I suppose!

I have a very nice B10 (excellent body) out back, a full Vickers rear end (with cone clutch/BGB, wide rims/turfs and all the control levers and linkages), a hydrolift, and a 16 Briggs all waiting to me smooshed together. It will be fun to bang together a worker vs a beauty queen =]

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  22:01:46  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chris, You need to not be trying to fool everyone like that. BTW: they always look great in A/C orange.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  23:01:47  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking good Chris; but you are going to have to find a round Kohler air filter housing to finish the job. If I am seeing your picture properly your's is sort of triangular??? Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

lobsta1

67 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  01:23:02  Show Profile Send lobsta1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I envy the knowledge & skills you guys display. My ??? is: why are you mowing the snow & blowing the grass?:)
Al

Al
3012H
AC 710-6 Kohler
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  05:52:27  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave

Looking good Chris; but you are going to have to find a round Kohler air filter housing to finish the job. If I am seeing your picture properly your's is sort of triangular??? Dave

Yes Dave, the original Kohler twin 17 Series II had thrown both rods, so the transplant Kohler 14hp engine was from a Green tractor , hence the triangular air filter cover. It still has the round filter inside just another large tube coming from the flywheel shroud area.

And Phil, I have always been partial to the AC versions because of sentimental value when I was growing up. I spent a lot of time in the Uncles AC Lawn and GT dealer and most of the family and neighborhood all had AC's. By the way Phil, I have and awesome B10 for sale thats perfect for you. Hook up your trailer to that new motor home and head north.....

Al, I learned a ton from the great people on this site over the past few years. Also, the snow pic is from when I first got it the tractor and it was under a cover outside and the grass pic was taken a few days ago here and we never really had a winter this year in WNY. I only got to use the snow blower once

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Edited by - acdad on 03/28/2012 06:29:14
Go to Top of Page

cschmidt62

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  07:34:22  Show Profile  Visit cschmidt62's Homepage Send cschmidt62 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great looking conversion...my only question is why are you mowing with a Craftsman? I mow with a 17GTH-L (which is basicly the 7117H) and a 7017H. Both do a superior job to my Mother-in-law's 3 year old Craftsman.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  15:20:41  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cschmidt62

Great looking conversion...my only question is why are you mowing with a Craftsman? I mow with a 17GTH-L (which is basicly the 7117H) and a 7017H. Both do a superior job to my Mother-in-law's 3 year old Craftsman.

We have 3 kids, 2 dogs and a pool. Wife didnt want grass clippings coming in the house so we did some research and she bought me an '09 23hp Craftsman (made by Husqvarna not MTD) with a triple bagger on the back. Picks up everything and sometimes I even pull a lawn striper behind it to get that old AC striping effect

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

cschmidt62

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  21:57:47  Show Profile  Visit cschmidt62's Homepage Send cschmidt62 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by acdad

quote:
Originally posted by cschmidt62

We have 3 kids, 2 dogs and a pool. Wife didnt want grass clippings coming in the house so we did some research and she bought me an '09 23hp Craftsman (made by Husqvarna not MTD) with a triple bagger on the back. Picks up everything and sometimes I even pull a lawn striper behind it to get that old AC striping effect

Lol...I knew there had to be more to the story than just a superior cut. As I always say...if mama aint happy, nobody's happy

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity
Go to Top of Page

brindar

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  00:22:41  Show Profile  Visit brindar's Homepage Send brindar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still think you're better off getting rid of the craftsman and keeping the B-10! ;)
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  06:34:49  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brindar

I still think you're better off getting rid of the craftsman and keeping the B-10! ;)

I sure wish I could convince her of that Brian!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic