Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 24 / Visits Today: 24
Highest Active Users: 24
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Catchin Up on All Sorts of Stuff

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/11/2012 : 21:12:11
Well, I've been sittin on a few projects, so I thought I'd share. I've done so much tractor chasing, attachment tradin and selling that I can't possibly post on it all. I mentioned the Squire in a post earlier, and since winter was blah, I went ahead, got it running good, then tore it down. I pick that up from the blaster Tuesday, and will prime. I'll post on that when I get some pics.

I also picked up a long-awaiting Gannon Earthcavator, which was partially ready to mount to my machines. I finished the needed mods and had that blasted. In preparation for my Squire work, I had built a makeshift booth out back, under the deck, and shot the Gannon today while it was a balmy 70 degrees.

Here's some brochure pics of the B-series hitching

I worked with Nate from Vintage Reproductions to have the decals made up and they are now on their site.

http://www.clickitandstickit.com/gannon-earthcavator-decals/

I also am getting a helping hand from a member here, in having reproduction ripper shanks made. They are NLA from Woods, and I have one NOS OEM shank to work from. Fingers crossed! Another neat thing about this place...all the resourceful people!

I also had a unique opportunity to make a run over to Jon's place. He and I came together on a pair of his machines, and I have those home now. It figures that I look long and hard for something like the Carry All, then end up with 2. (Apparently that luck does not come with FEL's)

A buddy down in Ohio is taking the 3212V and Weedcutter. That makes 3 cutters this year that have gone through here...

Had a set of AG's on the wide rims I had picked up...I love them on that old 101!

Finally got ahold of a nice Simplicity/Allis moldboard and Spring Tooth Harrow. I can't wait to try these! I like the build of the plough much better than my Brinly, which I promptly sold.

The Harrow is nearly NOS. It hasn't been refinished, and there is only a hint of paint worn from the tines

I stumbled on a NOS 36" dozer for the Wonderboy Super and Wonderboy Special, if anyone is interested

And finally, I worked out a deal on a NOS 20" Brush and Log saw, which will get a post of it's own, hopefully in the near future. I talked with a fellow who adapted one to his 725 with nothing more than a tiller PTO. No drilling, no fabrication. As soon as I gather up the needed PTO parts, and swap the big pulley to make it 1:1, I'd like to put this on the Wonderboy 700 for shows.

So, with any luck, I'll have some neat stuff to share as the mild 'winter' turns to spring. The time change will help, as I'll get some much needed daylight after work during the week.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/29/2012 : 05:37:50
Well where's the pictures of that!! That sounds like a great score!

I do have everything painted now, except for the hood and Carry All box. Here's a couple pics of the color...it's gorgeous, and the photos don't do it justice. It's a Metallic Bronze with heavy metal flake. The second pic is tilted a bit to let the metal flake catch the sunlight, but it looks a bit more gold than it really is. The paint is the nicest I've ever worked with. It is going on so easy, and The entire project will only take about 25 ounces. All I have left is the hood and Carry All box, which I hope to shoot this weekend.

brindar Posted - 03/29/2012 : 00:13:45
Nice collection of stuff! Here I was thinking I was doing great finding a Big Ten with a HiLo and sickle bar mower. Who am I kidding, I'm still pretty stoked! I've been chasing a HiLo for a year.
acdad Posted - 03/18/2012 : 10:09:13
Looks like you are enjoying your work too. I like it when things come together at the end and you get that nice feeling of accomplishment. I sure am enjoying the weather here too.
Jon314 Posted - 03/15/2012 : 21:49:55
Very nice original attachments! I could use a brush cutter like that too. Don't see many of them around here. That saw is a beaut! Amazing it was kept in the box all these years. Nice innovation on the paint booth too.
Jobs well done!
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/15/2012 : 20:33:11
They are all blending together...but really, I've had more go out the door lately, than in. I have done pretty well moving some things through, mostly non-Simplicity branded attachments. The tractor fund is self-supporting, otherwise, my projects would be cut off =]

I'd like to knock out the Squire & Attachment redo project, then take my time redoing the Single Wheel as summer approaches. After that, time to relax and enjoy them a bit. =]
skunkhome Posted - 03/15/2012 : 20:33:08
Wife?!!!
ASEguy Posted - 03/15/2012 : 20:18:26
Nice booth Josh. Nice paint job too and I don't even want to go into your attachments. Just curious how your wife feels about your acquisitions.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/15/2012 : 19:41:00
Phil, I spent the $$ and got myself a nice, full face mask/respirator, on the recommendation of my sandblast guy. They aint cheap, but My eyes, nose etc can sure tell the difference. I do have the booth so I can fold up the lower and/or upper portions to allow more or less air flow, depending on the wind. The last two weeks the wind has been fierce, and it ws tough to find a decent day to spray. I wish I had a bit less ventilation!
skunkhome Posted - 03/15/2012 : 07:24:21
Be careful using hardner up in an enclosed booth like that. A regular chemical mask will not filter out isocynate hardners. They can react with the moisture in your eyes, nose and lungs.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/15/2012 : 06:45:49
Tood advantage of the weather and got a boat load of stuff primed. My Squire components are there, as well as extra front and rear rims, one of the Carry All boxes and some extra side panels. I still have some more rims and an AC 8-12 Disc that needs to be primed. I was out of space in my 'booth' and ran dry on primer (had to finish my last rim with a rattle can =])

My hope is to wrap up the other pieces before the weekend, if the weather give me a dry window after work, then I will be getting started on refinishing the 23D and the transmission, which both need a hot bath.

igo2xs Posted - 03/14/2012 : 13:11:13
neet implements there josh, oh that saw is so scary
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/14/2012 : 11:40:05
I think the show-police would visit for sure. I'm thinking I will take clear hose and cut it lengthwise to fit over the teeth.
sammiefish Posted - 03/13/2012 : 21:11:02
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

...The Log Saw will be a showpiece. I'd like to keep it NOS, and think it will certainly draw some looks at shows. I don't think there's anything around here I'd need to cut with it, that wouldn't be easier with a chainsaw....

that would be a sight to see spun up at a show...
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/13/2012 : 13:43:12
I'm trying not to count my chickens before they're hatched, but have a couple more treats due in the coming weeks as well....fingers crossed =]
Cvans Posted - 03/13/2012 : 07:42:41
I can't believe that one person can be that lucky. Congratulations on your finds. I have never seen one of those saws before.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1