Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3111 / Visits Today: 3111
Highest Active Users: 3111
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 New Dozer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  21:27:04  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Picked up a really nice dozer blade from my buddy for $80. It's in great shape, in fact i don't think it was ever used. Should clean up nice! Adjustment rod is not pictured.

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  21:38:16  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice, very clean! Those are worth their weight in gold =]

Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  15:13:41  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good buy Wes. They can be very handy. And by the look of the wear pads I think you are right about it having little or no use. Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  16:34:25  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Those spring loaded blades are worth a lot more to me than the solid ones. Saves a lot of wear on the tractor and the operator. Nice find.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  17:14:23  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice find, I have been looking for one with the springs. I do have the one without that I got couple years ago. But I what one like that.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  19:32:41  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had several and took them for granted...kept one and sold the others. Now that I'm running two plow tractors in two different locations, I HAD to have another. Ended up driving to IN to get it. With gas ,the dozer cost me probably $175, but has been worth every penny, even during a lite winter. My parents driveway is full of cracks and joints, and I've only spun the chains twice this winter. That trip has saved some serious wear on the machine for sure. (Plus you rarely spill when you're taking a sip)

Go to Top of Page

Richard L.

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  20:25:17  Show Profile  Visit Richard L.'s Homepage Send Richard L. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't knock those non trip ones they have their uses too. When I'm trying to clear land with underbrush or knock saplings down to dig them out and completely remove the roots a blade that doesn't trip sure comes in handy until you hit a good solid one.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  20:54:00  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard L.

Don't knock those non trip ones they have their uses too. When I'm trying to clear land with underbrush or knock saplings down to dig them out and completely remove the roots a blade that doesn't trip sure comes in handy until you hit a good solid one.

Very true...I keep one around all the time. You can't move soil with a trip very well, if at all. Plus, the narrower dozer give you a nice, more concetrated point of contact for digging.

Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  21:31:53  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard L.

I got one with the purchase of my first B-10. Happy to have one of each now, don't know if i'll use the dozer much, but i'm sure to try it out!

Wes

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  21:32:56  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry if it sounded like I was knocking anyone's blade that was not my intent. The solid blades do have their uses but the spring loaded blades are more versatile.You can replace the springs with turn buckles or J bolts and coupling nuts then move all the dirt you want. Just my opinion for whatever that's worth.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  22:06:42  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another good point....I used a ratchet strap once. It did the trick in a pinch. There is no replacement for the remote adjustability though! =]

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  00:01:38  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's what I meen. I hate getting off the tractor every time to switch the angle of the blade. But yes they do work good for moving dirt.
Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  16:43:05  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cleaned up and mounted. Wasn't ready to get it dirty yet.

Wes

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  16:58:13  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh how purdy! Love those early B's, and all that room for indoor parking! Very nice Wes....

Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  19:09:18  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very, very nice!!!

Jon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic