Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 20366 / Visits Today: 18618
Highest Active Users: 20366
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

briggs9498

144 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  19:47:31  Show Profile  Visit briggs9498's Homepage Send briggs9498 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay so I've reached a dilemma. I don't know whether to fix the 7010 or sell it. Its a great tractor besides the 10hp Briggs. Bgb is real tight as is steering, and tranny. Everything on the tractor is really great just needs engine work. The Briggs needs a piston and rings. I've priced them and can't find one cheaper then $80. Seems like a lot of money to dump on a 10hp piston when I just bought a piston kit for my 16hp for like $30. What's with the parts for these? Are they more expensive because less people rebuild them than 16hp? The engine runs great but burns oil and has piston slack causing a noticeable knock. If I can find a piston for cheaper I'd love to fix it but if not how much could I get for it in this condition? I want to get rid of it either way.I need more room for a new foot dragger. I just hate to break it up to part out even though I know I could make significantly more that way. If anyone has a spare engine or parts to drop in it and wants it shoot me an offer.

B110, HB-112, B210, 725, 7010, 7016

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  20:08:56  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a dilemna. That tractor looks to be in great shape. Maybe wait just a bit, parts and engines pop up on eBay and craigslist all the time, maybe see if something comes up that makes it worth it.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

briggs9498

144 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  20:44:20  Show Profile  Visit briggs9498's Homepage Send briggs9498 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How much do you think it would be worth if I put a new piston and rings in it? I'm weighing my options. I need to get rid of it but don't want to lose money on it either. I would be selling it with its 42 inch deck which is also in great shape.

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  22:01:43  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sure is a clean tractor! I parted out the exact same tractor that had a thrown rod. I've regretted it ever since! I understand where you are coming from though, I wish I could keep them all. And buy more as well!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

briggs9498

144 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  18:53:00  Show Profile  Visit briggs9498's Homepage Send briggs9498 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is really clean that's what makes it hard to say goodbye to it. But I just don't have the room for it as I really want to bring home an all original B10 that I'm looking at. Actually a little short story on this tractor and engine. I bought it with a thrown rod. The guy stated it always burnt oil but he let his friend use it one day and the friend never checked the oil while he mowed with it hence the thrown rod. I had a spare engine around that I torn down for the parts to swap in this motor. I know some people might ask why I didn't put the whole engine in it. It's because all the spare engines I have are the older block and don't have the dipstick threaded into the block. I didn't and still don't want to hack the frame to get an older block in this tractor. So I threw the engine back together without even thinking to check the piston for squareness. Well it turns out the piston I put in it was quite worn so bad that it has piston slap and makes a loud knocking while running. I'm fairly certain the cylinder is warped too from being overheated so it would definitely need an over sized piston. The only thing that gets me is the darn engine never misses a beat even mowing thick tall grass it doesn't have any signs of lost power. So I'm contemplating getting a new .020 piston from Briggs and having this block bored over but I just don't want to lose money on it if you know what I'm saying. I need to sell but can't lose money at this point. I'd hate to parts it out but it might come down to it.

Go to Top of Page

simplicityacnut

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  20:27:08  Show Profile  Visit simplicityacnut's Homepage Send simplicityacnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thats a nice lookin tractor,id fix it if it was me,just my 2 cents
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic