Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 19891 / Visits Today: 18143
Highest Active Users: 19891
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 New Dozer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
acb10_64 Posted - 01/29/2012 : 21:27:04
Picked up a really nice dozer blade from my buddy for $80. It's in great shape, in fact i don't think it was ever used. Should clean up nice! Adjustment rod is not pictured.

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
1014211 Posted - 02/02/2012 : 19:09:18
Very, very nice!!!
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 02/02/2012 : 16:58:13
Oh how purdy! Love those early B's, and all that room for indoor parking! Very nice Wes....
acb10_64 Posted - 02/02/2012 : 16:43:05
Cleaned up and mounted. Wasn't ready to get it dirty yet.

freddie Posted - 01/31/2012 : 00:01:38
That's what I meen. I hate getting off the tractor every time to switch the angle of the blade. But yes they do work good for moving dirt.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 01/30/2012 : 22:06:42
Another good point....I used a ratchet strap once. It did the trick in a pinch. There is no replacement for the remote adjustability though! =]
Cvans Posted - 01/30/2012 : 21:32:56
Sorry if it sounded like I was knocking anyone's blade that was not my intent. The solid blades do have their uses but the spring loaded blades are more versatile.You can replace the springs with turn buckles or J bolts and coupling nuts then move all the dirt you want. Just my opinion for whatever that's worth.
acb10_64 Posted - 01/30/2012 : 21:31:53
quote:
Originally posted by Richard L.

Don't knock those non trip ones they have their uses too. When I'm trying to clear land with underbrush or knock saplings down to dig them out and completely remove the roots a blade that doesn't trip sure comes in handy until you hit a good solid one.

I got one with the purchase of my first B-10. Happy to have one of each now, don't know if i'll use the dozer much, but i'm sure to try it out!

Talntedmrgreen Posted - 01/30/2012 : 20:54:00
quote:
Originally posted by Richard L.

Don't knock those non trip ones they have their uses too. When I'm trying to clear land with underbrush or knock saplings down to dig them out and completely remove the roots a blade that doesn't trip sure comes in handy until you hit a good solid one.

Very true...I keep one around all the time. You can't move soil with a trip very well, if at all. Plus, the narrower dozer give you a nice, more concetrated point of contact for digging.
Richard L. Posted - 01/30/2012 : 20:25:17
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 01/30/2012 : 19:32:41
I had several and took them for granted...kept one and sold the others. Now that I'm running two plow tractors in two different locations, I HAD to have another. Ended up driving to IN to get it. With gas ,the dozer cost me probably $175, but has been worth every penny, even during a lite winter. My parents driveway is full of cracks and joints, and I've only spun the chains twice this winter. That trip has saved some serious wear on the machine for sure. (Plus you rarely spill when you're taking a sip)
freddie Posted - 01/30/2012 : 17:14:23
Nice find, I have been looking for one with the springs. I do have the one without that I got couple years ago. But I what one like that.
Cvans Posted - 01/30/2012 : 16:34:25

Those spring loaded blades are worth a lot more to me than the solid ones. Saves a lot of wear on the tractor and the operator. Nice find.
B10Dave Posted - 01/30/2012 : 15:13:41
Good buy Wes. They can be very handy. And by the look of the wear pads I think you are right about it having little or no use. Dave
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 01/29/2012 : 21:38:16
Very nice, very clean! Those are worth their weight in gold =]

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1