Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1340 / Visits Today: 1340
Highest Active Users: 1340
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 JBI Diesel Repower Project
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  16:36:40  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is fun and it is surprising how little it takes if you just focus on one step at a time. Having the tooling and welding experience helps but that is part of the fun. The next thing you know it's time to smell the diesel.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  16:47:53  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only hard to get tool I used was my lathe to build the driveshaft/flywheel adapter, and the plasma cutter. I could have done without the plasma cutter & either used a torch or a cut-off wheel. All the rest was common tools, time, planning (head scratching),and lots of patience.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  22:52:32  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with the lathe. That did speed things up.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1603 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2011 :  17:17:29  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel,
This topic must have been one I missed. I just love the video. Geeezzzzz Dan, you could throw dirt across two furrow's if you wanted to..

Did you ever get to painting it up fancy like???..

If so.... Pics!Pics!Pics!Pics! :)

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

simplelife

USA
1385 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2011 :  20:17:40  Show Profile  Visit simplelife's Homepage Send simplelife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just saw the video, missed it somehow earlier. Towards the end it reminded me of the earlier days of drag racing when the push vehicle followed the car down the track. You can see the jump pack in the chase vehicle and just brought back that strange memory.

Awesome sounding tractor and the way it spreads the dirt at high speed it is almost a tilled finish.
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2011 :  20:23:43  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not gotten to the painting yet. Been really too hot to paint as it tends to orange peel from drying so fast, even with proper temp reducers. This has been a tough year for me to get anything completed.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic