Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3403 / Visits Today: 3240
Highest Active Users: 3403
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 D4-10 Restore Begins
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2010 :  15:07:41  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been doing quite a bit on this restore. Got most, but not all red components painted. Got some of the sheet metal bolted on, and I went with stainless steel bolts, polishing them first. She's starting to come together nicely now. Still a lot more to do, but getting further and will definitely finish before winter is over.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2010 :  16:34:06  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is really going to be a jewell!

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2010 :  18:07:00  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

It is really going to be a jewell!

Thanks Phil, I'm taking it slow as I can & putting lots of patience into this one. I want this to be my flagship of my whole herd.
Got the steering column back in & dug out more parts to get cleaned up & painted. Won't get anything done to it tomorrow, as we're having out Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Gonna jump back into it Saturday as it's my day off all day long.

Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2010 :  23:13:17  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thumbs up Daniel,that is looking sharp.
Ron

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2010 :  23:51:21  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
VERY nice work, I see the seat frame in the background

Go to Top of Page

gearhead19

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2010 :  08:18:47  Show Profile  Visit gearhead19's Homepage Send gearhead19 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
5 stars Daniel !!! I see a blue ribbon in your future.....

Dan

Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2010 :  11:36:20  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks beautiful Daniel! Thanks for the update and keep up the good work!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2010 :  00:41:04  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That tractor looks better than new. I'll bet they never came from the factory that shiny.
Can't wait to see it finished.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2010 :  09:58:34  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I now even have a "Bush Hog" snowblower for this model tractor coming my way in February. I may never mount it up, but want it as part of my collection just the same. It's in Minnesota and a friend on another forum saw it listed & knew I would love to have it. My friend lives in Wisconsin & took it upon himself to call the guy. He only wanted $40 for it, so he offered the guy $65 if he'd drop it off at a truck terminal near the seller. That terminal is one of the same company terminals my friend works for. The truck will drop it at his Wisconsin terminal for free. My friend has been wanting to come 500 miles to Louisville for the National Farm Machinery Show for some time, so he figured this was why he'd waited so long. Having such kind/thoughtful friends on my few forums I visit is such a great thing & really makes you realize how lucky you are to have them. He & I will meet up in Louisville, hang out, get some pics, then I'll head home with a RARE snowblower and great memories!
There are those guys on every forum that display such acts of random kindness. Phil is one of those here at MT. I always try to "pay it forward" whenever I can. It is a great feeling when you help others for no reason other than to do something good for someone else.

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  20:18:26  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This project has been on the back burner for some time now, but reviving it, as my local show is October 1st.
Unless there's an odd part I forgot about, all parts are painted. Now just to cure & do final assembly! I think I'll make my show yet!
Here are the parts I shot today, and the HVLP gun I use. The price is still on it that I paid at a Peddler's Mall. Even came with case & spare parts & care kit! It does a great job too! OOPS, just remembered the starter needs painting! Dang!
What looks like orange peel in the seat base is just the pitted metal. No need to slick it up being a seat will be covering it anyway.

Edited to add: I messed up my album, so these aren't the pics I originally had in this post...sorry bout that)

Edited by - olcowhand on 10/01/2011 20:15:48
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  00:27:40  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Won't be long now! Good to see you had some tinkering time. The finished product will be quite a picture.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  20:24:37  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She is done! Got the seat & backrest back from the upholsterer just yesterday & had a show today. Took home "Best of Show Garden Tractor"!

My Bush Hog V4-6 brought home "Ugliest Garden Tractor"! Was a good day!

Edited by - olcowhand on 10/01/2011 20:26:03
Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  22:10:21  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel, that tractor is beautiful! The red one is nice, too

Jon
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  13:06:12  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The best of show was well deserved!!! Looks awesome, the work and time really paid off! How often do you get to take home a trophy from both ends of the spectrum!?

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  14:14:46  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You done well, Daniel. Much deserved honors.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic