Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 27910 / Visits Today: 1392
Highest Active Users: 27910
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 D4-10 Restore Begins

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
olcowhand Posted - 01/21/2009 : 15:39:35
Well, I've had this D4-10 for several years now & finally pulled it into my shop to start tearing her completely down. Likely going to hire it all sandblasted, as it's so much to do and would take me forever with my small blaster. Hoping to do my best restore to this one. This will actually be my first "true" restoration, as it will be all original with none of my usual "changes" to suit myself. Will likely take a year or more to finish, but who knows. This is a pic of it this past summer spike harrowing in wheat cover crop into my "new" garden area.

Below is "teardown mode". Got the differential draining...contaminated oil, plus going to take apart & do thorough check/cleaning plus new seals. Isn't that the cutest little clutch! All the sheet metal & some other parts all on my mobile shelf unit till blasting time. Just a few bolts in chassis to remove, plus disassemble all the dash components. The engine gets rebuilt...maybe. If it's cylinder is in good shape & will still accept std piston. If worn bad, I'll likely use engine off the parts tractor. It hardly smokes at all, none when warm. Hoping to use the original engine though.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sammiefish Posted - 10/03/2011 : 21:30:53
wow, Best of Show!!! awesome!! thats really cool...
nice work!! you really did a great job! and
I bet it was nice to get recognized like that too!!
ByronC Posted - 10/03/2011 : 18:09:11
Daniel,

Lets see, you won "Best and Ugliest in show"?

Hogging up all the trophies....

Bad Boy, Bad Boy...

Good looking Bush Hog!!!
oldron Posted - 10/02/2011 : 22:52:05

" I thought as you got older things were supposed to get easier!"
No Daniel,time goes faster when you get older.
Ron
olcowhand Posted - 10/02/2011 : 21:10:35
Thanks guys, it took me around 2yrs to complete, and to finish it was almost sad....till I got the trophy! I have plenty more tractors to restore/repair, so maybe now I can start on another soon. Having the time is getting harder & harder every year. I thought as you got older things were supposed to get easier! LOL
wlewis379 Posted - 10/02/2011 : 20:50:01
My hat is off to you Daniel. Its nice to be rewarded for your effort.
Beautiful looking Bush hog, the red one that is.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 10/02/2011 : 20:45:31
Congratulations on the completion of the project and the awards! Makes it that much more enjoyable...she's a beauty!
skunkhome Posted - 10/02/2011 : 14:14:46
You done well, Daniel. Much deserved honors.
B-16_IC Posted - 10/02/2011 : 13:06:12
The best of show was well deserved!!! Looks awesome, the work and time really paid off! How often do you get to take home a trophy from both ends of the spectrum!?
1014211 Posted - 10/01/2011 : 22:10:21
Daniel, that tractor is beautiful! The red one is nice, too
olcowhand Posted - 10/01/2011 : 20:24:37
She is done! Got the seat & backrest back from the upholsterer just yesterday & had a show today. Took home "Best of Show Garden Tractor"!

My Bush Hog V4-6 brought home "Ugliest Garden Tractor"! Was a good day!

B-16_IC Posted - 08/14/2011 : 00:27:40
Won't be long now! Good to see you had some tinkering time. The finished product will be quite a picture.
olcowhand Posted - 08/13/2011 : 20:18:26
This project has been on the back burner for some time now, but reviving it, as my local show is October 1st.
Unless there's an odd part I forgot about, all parts are painted. Now just to cure & do final assembly! I think I'll make my show yet!
Here are the parts I shot today, and the HVLP gun I use. The price is still on it that I paid at a Peddler's Mall. Even came with case & spare parts & care kit! It does a great job too! OOPS, just remembered the starter needs painting! Dang!
What looks like orange peel in the seat base is just the pitted metal. No need to slick it up being a seat will be covering it anyway.

Edited to add: I messed up my album, so these aren't the pics I originally had in this post...sorry bout that)

olcowhand Posted - 11/27/2010 : 09:58:34
I now even have a "Bush Hog" snowblower for this model tractor coming my way in February. I may never mount it up, but want it as part of my collection just the same. It's in Minnesota and a friend on another forum saw it listed & knew I would love to have it. My friend lives in Wisconsin & took it upon himself to call the guy. He only wanted $40 for it, so he offered the guy $65 if he'd drop it off at a truck terminal near the seller. That terminal is one of the same company terminals my friend works for. The truck will drop it at his Wisconsin terminal for free. My friend has been wanting to come 500 miles to Louisville for the National Farm Machinery Show for some time, so he figured this was why he'd waited so long. Having such kind/thoughtful friends on my few forums I visit is such a great thing & really makes you realize how lucky you are to have them. He & I will meet up in Louisville, hang out, get some pics, then I'll head home with a RARE snowblower and great memories!
There are those guys on every forum that display such acts of random kindness. Phil is one of those here at MT. I always try to "pay it forward" whenever I can. It is a great feeling when you help others for no reason other than to do something good for someone else.

Cvans Posted - 11/27/2010 : 00:41:04
That tractor looks better than new. I'll bet they never came from the factory that shiny.
Can't wait to see it finished.

acb10_64 Posted - 11/26/2010 : 11:36:20
Looks beautiful Daniel! Thanks for the update and keep up the good work!

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1