Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 7701 / Visits Today: 4879
Highest Active Users: 7701
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Kut Kwick
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

kma4444

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  19:53:01  Show Profile  Visit kma4444's Homepage Send kma4444 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Guys!!! It is indeed a monster, it's 72" wide at the rear wheels. Too big to fit under the house in my spot where I keep the Snapper zero turn it will be replacing. Not sure about storage right now. When I'm not working in the shop it can sit there but other wise,,,,, not sure yet.

My garage time is in blocks of time. I left today and will be gone for a week, so it's a week on then time off. Kind of sporadic but it works out alright. Before I headed out this morning I couldn't help but start it up and run it around a bit. It let me get a few more pics.

Guess that about does it for this one. I'm sure you can imagine a couple lights on the roll bar ;)... I need to get to the 720 tractor and get it back in shape. It's certainly earned some love. Just have to finish the Dodge A100, the VW, the 49 Caddy and the Spitfire projects first.. Too much stuff to do, but this was a fun and quick distraction. And now I have way more mower than I will ever need.

Thanks again guys for watching.

Kevin

Http://mallenalley.com
Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  20:25:26  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great project Kevin but I will be watching for pics of your A100 project. Van or pickup? I had 2 vans, a 64 6 cylinder and a 65 with a 273....Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  20:26:53  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, what a transformation! Congratulations on top notch work.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 06/03/2014 20:27:36
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  22:35:27  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your efforts paid off in spades. Bet that mower looks better than new.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2014 :  11:47:52  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...I love your mower.

Go to Top of Page

kma4444

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  06:35:56  Show Profile  Visit kma4444's Homepage Send kma4444 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, I'm back home now for a few days, June is crazy busy.... But looking forward to running it around a bit. I'm still missing one for the sheet metal pieces for the engine. A pretty critical one as it shrouds the cylinder head on the right side. Maybe it was removed when they diagnosed the miss,,, or they ran it without it and that contributed to the broken rod on that cylinder. Either way, it hasn't arrived yet so I made up a temporary one out of aluminum so it is usable now.

Here's a pic of the A100 when I got it. It was about as pretty as the Kut Kwick!!!! It's been way more work.

I won't pile this site full of pics of it's progress but it's come a long way. The page on my website shows some of it. I have more done but not any great sets of pictures, I need to work on that.

Here's a couple as it is now, the inside of the bed and the interior are painted. Just a little finish sanding and then it's time to paint the rest of it. It will be the colors you see on the interior. I mixed the blue, it's some lighter than the original color, I like it, it's very refreshing looking!!! The center of the body will be the white color, following the body lines of course. Traditional but it just works with the thing.

http://mallenalley.com/a100.html

Kevin

Edited by - kma4444 on 06/11/2014 06:42:08
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  07:28:33  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work on the truck. Is that a 273 buried in there?

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

kma4444

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  07:37:59  Show Profile  Visit kma4444's Homepage Send kma4444 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It originally had a 273 but at some point it got swapped for a 318. It also was a 3 on the tree and ended up with an automatic. Still has the 4.10 rear gear though!!!! Not much of a highway runner in it's current state. I may convert it to an overdrive trans, just have to see.

Kevin

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  20:13:28  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That A-100 is going to look sweet! Can't remember the last time I saw one alive? They are quite rare and very interesting.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

kma4444

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2015 :  07:00:40  Show Profile  Visit kma4444's Homepage Send kma4444 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Howdy All, thought I would post up a couple pics of the A100. I did make a little progress on it but the winter was largely taken up with a race car rebuild job. It was good to have the income during the winter that's for sure.

That's pretty much where it is now. I did get the suspension and everything out from under it and got it blasted. I have some of it painted and am in the middle of scrubbing the underside to prep it for paint. Nothing fun about that. But it's close to ready for the day of laying on my back spraying. Looking forward to getting it done for sure.

Kevin

Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2015 :  11:17:50  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kevin; what is the power train going to be. Stock or?

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

superbinder

214 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2015 :  20:56:44  Show Profile Send superbinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's gonna be fast, notice the barefoot gas pedal.Just like joe dirt's hemi,
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2015 :  20:57:36  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Still has the 4.10 rear gear though!!!!

You might try and locate a set of 3.55 gears for it. If your just using it for shows and cruising the 3.23's would work also.

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

kma4444

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2015 :  09:40:47  Show Profile  Visit kma4444's Homepage Send kma4444 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's got a 318 in it now that was evidently a replacement for the original 273. It has a 4 barrel Edelbrock carb and runs well. I have considered swapping it for a new Hemi which would be cool and since I now have the 5 speed automatic from the new Hemi almost mounted up, it would be a pretty straight forward swap. But I will likely get it together and stay old school with the engine for now. It's an easy vehicle to change engines in, excepting having to lift it off the engine instead of lifting the engine out. You can do it through the door, but it's completely open on the bottom and it drops out very easily.

I'm looking around for some 3.55 gears with the Sure Grip diff, that with the OD trans should make it quite the cruiser. Now just to find the time to dedicate to it!!!

Kevin

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2015 :  21:16:06  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does this truck have the differential that you have to spread to take the carrier out? There will be a cast circle on each side of the differential cover if it is. My Barracuda had one of those and they can be a pain to shim if you haven't worked with them. 6 3/4" ring gear?

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic