Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3187 / Visits Today: 3024
Highest Active Users: 3187
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Kut Kwick
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  08:52:36  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Remarkable records. We can't even tie down the year of manufacture on these Simplicities. I'm wondering if they ran the engine low on oil then ran her up on the side of one of those steep hills in Natchez. . Do the tags from auctions give any indication of it travel after Natchez?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  09:45:45  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That reply is amazing. That's the kind of service we used to expect years ago. Maybe "Made in the USA" still carries some meaning. I hope so.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  15:06:25  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Incredible! Botht he machine and your story with service history. Very cool...I grinned the whole way through. Would love to see something like that in person.

Go to Top of Page

kma4444

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  20:43:49  Show Profile  Visit kma4444's Homepage Send kma4444 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm nothing but completely impressed with, as you guys said, the machine and the company. There is certainly something to be said of this US company for sure. Pretty amazing really. I will contact them and order up a manual and any parts I need, how nice.

No pics today as mostly it was cleaning and some light dis-assembly. Just getting it far enough apart so I can clean it enough for a decent paint job. Nothing show quality, mostly just want it not to rust but it won't be a hack job either. Just not going to do much sanding and filling and smoothing ya know.

I'm inclined to believe the low oil thing as well. The drain tube had to leak pretty quickly. It's a shame, kinda, if it hadn't been leaking, it would likely still be in service and not in my shop. So yay,,,,,, whatever was the cause.

I head out of town for a couple weeks of work tomorrow. Will be dropping the crank off to get the one journal done. Just have to get back home, hopefully to a collection of parts and paint to put it back together.

Thanks for the discussion all!

Kevin

Http://mallenalley.com
Go to Top of Page

kma4444

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  20:49:03  Show Profile  Visit kma4444's Homepage Send kma4444 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, and you could tell it was owned by a municipality where someone was paid salary to maintain it. The grease fittings were all regularly used. As an example, it has hoses from fittings to the bearing housings for the blades so you can grease them with everything assembled. The amount of, really fresh looking grease, all around the bearing housings under the covers was impressive. Messy, but well lubed. You can tell the guy doing the lubing wasn't buying the grease. You could tell it had been maintained pretty well, nothing terribly neglected. Now the amount of time it has taken to clean up all the extra gook, that's another story, but it's a better problem than seized, rusty stuff.

Kevin

Edited by - kma4444 on 05/07/2014 06:25:31
Go to Top of Page

kma4444

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2014 :  15:35:05  Show Profile  Visit kma4444's Homepage Send kma4444 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thought I would show some updates. I'm getting there.
Disassembled, cleaned, scraped and treated with a phosphoric acid compound to etch the metal and convert any rust.

The deck also

All the pieces laying around waiting for their turn in the booth.

And them in the "Booth" Epoxy primer on the bare metal

The main parts in their painting area. They are way too heavy to move anywhere else. I cannot pick up even one side of the deck. It all has to be done with floor jacks and rollers. The incline out of the shop is treacherous once it's on rollers. All I could do to get it back up and into the shop again.

It is coming out alright for a quickie job

Kevin

Edited by - kma4444 on 06/01/2014 07:09:50
Go to Top of Page

kma4444

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2014 :  15:44:03  Show Profile  Visit kma4444's Homepage Send kma4444 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most of the rest sprayed also

And the assembly begins in earnest

More pieces painted and installed.

Sort of where it is right now. Not a lot left to finish up.

The engine parts have arrived, most of them, just waiting on an oil pickup screen and a piece of missing sheet metal. And the machine shop has been terribly slow with the crank. The good news there is it only required some touching up of the nicks and polishing. It had no wear and the damaged spots weren't bad. If I had not been headed out of town I would have cleaned it and done it all myself but I figured I would be ahead to have it done while I was gone..... Would have been a good plan if they had actually finished it. Suppose I will go rescue it Tuesday no matter what they have finished. Then I can assemble the engine and get it all back together. I will post more pics as it finishes up.

Thanks for following along.

Kevin

Edited by - kma4444 on 05/25/2014 15:47:50
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2014 :  16:10:13  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That mower is really turning out nice. You have a nice shop to work in also.
Personally don't like it when someone says they can do something and then they just string you along. I'd rather they just tell me they can't do it and get it done somewhere else.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2014 :  22:04:02  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well that's coming right along! Going to be a good looking machine again.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2014 :  06:35:34  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work! I love the photos...really shows how that machine is built, and it's quite impressive.

Go to Top of Page

Paulcurtis3

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2014 :  07:15:02  Show Profile  Visit Paulcurtis3's Homepage Send Paulcurtis3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh! Soooo nice!

Go to Top of Page

kma4444

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  05:53:07  Show Profile  Visit kma4444's Homepage Send kma4444 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So a couple pics for you guys.

That one shows the color fairly well. Funny that it changes quite a lot from under the fluorescent lights to sunlight. I will get some outside shots when I get back from a work trip.

And one with it close to done, definitely done enough to get out and get it dirty as you can see!!!!!!!! Still needs a couple lights up on the roll bar and some little details. It is indeed a monster, the little I ran it around showed that. Can't wait to really use it some and see how I like it..... I'm anxious to get home and cut grass,,, that's goofy.

Thanks for watching guys.

Kevin

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  07:38:16  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That machine looks brand new! Great refurb!

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  08:34:43  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not only does it look nice, that thing is a monster. Didn't realize how big it was.

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Paulcurtis3

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  16:10:07  Show Profile  Visit Paulcurtis3's Homepage Send Paulcurtis3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do you find the time to do this so fast! I'm jealous of all your shop time! Lookin good!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic