Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1106 / Visits Today: 178
Highest Active Users: 1106
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Got my Sweepster...and a Trencher
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  20:10:04  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Both need some freshening, but are operational. Was worth a day off work! The Sweepster has long been the last big thing on my list, and the trencher kinda fell in my lap on the trip. I really am starting to think I can find the post hole digger too. Didn't expect to run across this, and am bummin on passing up a Forklift ealier in the year. I think that would have made the trifecta within reach.

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  21:19:16  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where do you find this stuff?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  21:33:05  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Believe it or not...the guys called me =]

Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  21:41:27  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice save Josh. Well worth the drive.People who won't go more than a few miles to get stuff miss out on a good trip and the goodies....Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

Ryan

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  22:12:45  Show Profile Send Ryan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't believe it. That's too awesome.
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  23:32:43  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely a nice haul! Those are all simplicity implements for the B-series? Or are these P-Max series? Wow. Definitely look forward to your restoration pictures!

Michael
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  23:35:57  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really Josh!? You have some kind of genie tucked away that grants wishes on a regular basis? Now you need to plan out some hydrants to install at the new place, gonna need an excuse to trench water lines!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  05:56:10  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Michael, they are each B series. The Sweepster came off an HB-212, and the trencher was on a B-12.

I really love the road trips, butthat's much harder now. Felt a lot different leaving with a little one at home...this trip was primay waiting on the weather, then was coordinated with myself and 6 other fellas, in order to make all the drops/swaps/buys/sales. I let go of some pretty neat stuff, but got tired of storing some cool old attachments Im not putting to use. With gas etc, I netted out ahead for the day, but storing these will be a bit more challenging than the smaller iems I dropped off.

Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  08:02:11  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow Josh! These attachments are gonna need dedicated tractors.

Mack
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  11:54:51  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know, right!? I was hoping for a B-12 on my trip, but that didn't pan out, and I'm glad I didn't need a trailer. I hate driving through Chicago, and I can't get anywhere west of the lake without doing it....a trailer just compounds the dread.

I'm gonna pull the loader off the 3212H when I have a minute. It will be my sweeper machine for now. I'd love to refinish it, and put it on the Squire for shows, but it's BIG unit, and you know how those can get in the way. Would be a head-turner though! The trencher is simple to mount, since it's all self-contained, but it is so, unbelievably heavy. The paperwork says a dry weight of 375 (from Paul's site)....and I very much believe it. Then, what's 7.5 gallons of ATF weigh? =]

I already have a front counterweight plan in place....

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  11:56:26  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found it...ATF weighs 7.2975 lbs per gallon. That's another 55lbs of weight that will be added to the trencher. Dang...

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2013 :  18:47:38  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hell i have a sweeper i am tring to sell
Go to Top of Page

Tclark

USA
205 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2013 :  20:54:06  Show Profile  Visit Tclark's Homepage Send Tclark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How much u askin freddie im ony two hours away. :)
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  09:46:06  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by freddie

hell i have a sweeper i am tring to sell

Well, where's it listed? You coulda taken serious advantage of me. I used it for the first time last nite, and it's freakin amazing I cannot imagine wanting to sell it. Pretty sure it will more or less replace my dozer for snow removal. It MIGHT even be more fun than running the Weedcutter. I'm even thinking I will use it for my leaves, dog-poo removal, dethatching, and cleaning up the garage floors.

Right now, it's certainly in my top 3 favorite attachments. Only trouble is, it's awful bulky.

Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  23:24:56  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about some pics Josh?

Great score BTW!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  07:50:44  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't touched the trencher since unloading it. It was a real chore loading it up, but unloading was much easier. Luckily, my hoist remained mounted to the ceiling. This dang thing is heavy, and I had my doubts. The Sweepster was hefty too. The saw was easy...125#, maybe. Kept the wife, dog and baby in the house, and stood well clear. Don't want to drop these on your toe.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic