Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 457 / Visits Today: 324
Highest Active Users: 457
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Got my Sweepster...and a Trencher
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  07:55:28  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did manage to get the Sweepster hooked up. I wanted a hydrolift machine to run it, and since the 3212H is already setup with weight, I chose to pull the loader in lieu of the broom. It will see much mroe use this way, during winter, but I'm thiking it will ride the front of the HB-112 once snow season is past.

I use that electic hoist for most everything, and it's a real blessing for the loader. Makes pulling it a snap, otherwise, it's a 3-handed job.

Pull in the shop, and I use an old v-belt for wrapping around and hoisting

Pop the pump belt off

The loader attaches with only 4 bolts

It also mounts on this axle bolt/bushing...just kinda slides on and sits. Once the subframe bolts are free, just pick up a bit with the hoist and gently ease it forward off the axle bushing.

Taking care to clear the lights, generator, and Nelson can

Moving it forward and free of the machine

Now that things are freed up, time to mount up the Sweepster. It mounts like any other PTO-powered front mount attachment, but it a bit more of a handful due to it's bulk. The hoist would have been perfect here, but a jack worked well.

Ran into a speedbump...my loader axle bushing won't clear the broom hitch, so I had to reinstall the original. Very easy with a cordless impact and slight lift from a floorjack.

Mounted up!

Go to Top of Page

Denny

348 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  08:43:17  Show Profile  Visit Denny's Homepage Send Denny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn,,, you got the seat wore out on that thing,,,,lol,,,,,Cool attachment !!

Early B10
67 Bee10
68 B16HD 112 Loader
68 B112 L112
68 B112
4041 Power Max
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  09:42:06  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Denny

Damn,,, you got the seat wore out on that thing,,,,lol,,,,,Cool attachment !!

I'd love to find someone to recover them, and have it look OEM

When I picked up the broom, I forgot to get the engagement and lift rods from the PO. Currently, it's engaged all the time (engagement works opposite a blower, etc), and found that flipping my center attachment lift bracket forward, and to the upper hole in the rocker arm, then connecting an RBT lift cable, I had the perfect length to work with the broom, plus, the bend in the lift bracket, helps hold the cable away from my S/G belt. (I did find out that the spring clip needs to be facing OUTWARD...evidenced by my machine quickly throwing it's starter belt)

The proper rods are inbound via USPS

Go to Top of Page

Cat385B

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  12:09:49  Show Profile  Visit Cat385B's Homepage Send Cat385B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet! I'm really liking the metal hood on yours, both of mine are the plastic. Both have needed reinforcement along the edges. I can't imagine the metal hood adds too much weight to the unit.

On using it on the lawn, I have a couple of hints. First, go fast. These buggers can scalp really quick. I have considered adding guide wheels on legs to mine. There is tube steel welded in just rearward of the bristle tube bearings on both sides of mine. Still thinking on that one.

Second, double check wind speed and direction if in the vicinity of dog poo. Really.

Once again, congrats.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  15:18:42  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Scott! I had given the lawn thing two thoughts...guide/guage wheels, or a smaller PTO pulley to slow it down, and compensate some for ground speed.

I had a front mount E-Z Rake, which was very similar on turf. Even stopping for direction changes would scalp in a hurry, and I would bet this has even more of a bite. It certainly covers more ground. When I caught wind of the broom, I finally bit on a standing offer to let the rake go. Trying to be more practical in my collecting, if there is such a thing =]

I've seen a few brooms with a homemade mudflap type of defector out on the front edge, I assumed, to deflect dust and debris. So far, snow isn't bad, but I don't want to take my chances with dog doo. I'll give the lawn a good sweepin some morning when the dog piles are good and frozen. I did talk to a fella just last nite who had a broom, and put cheap tougne jacks on his, for sweeping acorns out of the lawn, without hurting the turf. That seems easy, and infinitely adjustable.

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  18:03:25  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cat385B

Sweet! I'm really liking the metal hood on yours, both of mine are the plastic. Both have needed reinforcement along the edges. I can't imagine the metal hood adds too much weight to the unit.

On using it on the lawn, I have a couple of hints. First, go fast. These buggers can scalp really quick. I have considered adding guide wheels on legs to mine. There is tube steel welded in just rearward of the bristle tube bearings on both sides of mine. Still thinking on that one.

Second, double check wind speed and direction if in the vicinity of dog poo. Really.

Once again, congrats.

See you found MT Scott! Glad to have you here. I only frequent 2 forums, MT & GTT. All I could ever need!

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  22:44:34  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh...my boss's brother runs a lawn care and snow removal business. He has a Kubota with a broom mounted. He uses it mostly in the spring to return the gravel off lawns to the township roads the snowplow moved it from!! Works great for that job. A Craigs ad could make you some easy tractor fund money in the spring...Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  07:27:41  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a great idea Dave! (and one my wife would probably support!) I remember, as a kid, that was one job I absolutely hated. Grandma and Grandpa's place on the lake had a huge gravel shoulder to the road, and the plows would drive gravel nearly to the house. Before I could do my annual spring oil change and then ride my go-kart that was kept at their place, I had to have that front yard clear of stones, and the large pothole around the mailbox filled back in with them. What I would have given to have something like THIS!

The county has since repaved and broadened the blacktop right to the lawns...no more gravel in the grass.

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  08:15:44  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's the broom in action...not much snow to test it in yet, but wow, does it work great.

http://youtu.be/bz3cBvqbFBk

Go to Top of Page

Tclark

USA
205 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  11:35:37  Show Profile  Visit Tclark's Homepage Send Tclark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh, what size pulley are you running on the pto shaft it looks to be about a 4 or 5" from the pics
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  13:13:39  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's 4.25...maybe. I can't remember off-hand. I keep that same size pulley on all my machines for all front attachments. Works great for the broom, weedcutter, EZ Rake, blower and loader.

Go to Top of Page

simplicityacnut

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  22:46:25  Show Profile  Visit simplicityacnut's Homepage Send simplicityacnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You come up with some hard to find attachments man,good job
Go to Top of Page

7010b1

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2013 :  02:31:14  Show Profile Send 7010b1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
just like to say vinton iowa is only 25 min's a way from me. and i had no idea that they made them there.

spark up your life with a E3 plug..

,, , ,,,

b1, earlys, big, b12, b110's, 712, 7010, 1316h, homelite T15 and T16, two 410's, over all 20+ of them

Edited by - 7010b1 on 04/23/2013 22:15:16
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  06:13:30  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No kiddin Nate! When I made my trip, a few of us had a mini-meet n greet in Iowa City, which looks pretty close to you as well.

Go to Top of Page

hamman

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2013 :  11:47:54  Show Profile  Visit hamman's Homepage Send hamman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice save on those attachments. Sweepster is on my wish list. Good Luck with them. Roger.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic