Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1021 / Visits Today: 616
Highest Active Users: 1021
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Got my Sweepster...and a Trencher

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 02/05/2013 : 20:10:04
Both need some freshening, but are operational. Was worth a day off work! The Sweepster has long been the last big thing on my list, and the trencher kinda fell in my lap on the trip. I really am starting to think I can find the post hole digger too. Didn't expect to run across this, and am bummin on passing up a Forklift ealier in the year. I think that would have made the trifecta within reach.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ronin70 Posted - 05/15/2013 : 08:22:15
Awesome find, hopefully i'll be picking up my first attachments soon, were supposed to go to Hershey Park in June, and they have, right outside of the park, a guy who has a snow blower, deck, and some hoods and a seat frame with the fender assembly all from a B10. They will fit my B112 so i'll take what I can and sell the rest. This weekend im picking up a B12 front end with engine in good shape, as well as a newish seat and fender assembly, again, i'll use what I can and sell the rest. I think I enjoy the looking and finding stuff, almost as much as the stuff itself.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/28/2013 : 21:17:24
Jon, yes the factory spacers are on there and bump things out almost 3"...certainly helps stability and isnt too bad with a 48" deck. I think a 42" would betoo narrow for the wide wheel base.
7010b1 Posted - 04/26/2013 : 16:54:53
lol well im 20 min a way from Iowa city. now im sad i missed that.
Johnb212 Posted - 04/25/2013 : 18:47:36
The sweepster really works well Josh, with the kind of snows we are getting here in SE PA a sweepster would be all I need. I am selling my walk behind snow blower next seasion. Three years ago I was glad to have it, the only tractor I had was a 3413 Honda with a dozer blade it was worthless in the 24" we had in one storm. The last two years not much more than 4" total for the year.
Do you have spacers on the rear axle of the tractor in the video? I have 24X12X12's with about a 3" inside rim offset. the rear width is 40". On your tractor it looks like the center of the ag tread is at the outside edge of the seat pan, the center of mine is well inside of the seat pan edge. Wide is good.
John
hamman Posted - 04/25/2013 : 11:47:54
Nice save on those attachments. Sweepster is on my wish list. Good Luck with them. Roger.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/24/2013 : 06:13:30
No kiddin Nate! When I made my trip, a few of us had a mini-meet n greet in Iowa City, which looks pretty close to you as well.
7010b1 Posted - 04/20/2013 : 02:31:14
just like to say vinton iowa is only 25 min's a way from me. and i had no idea that they made them there.
simplicityacnut Posted - 04/12/2013 : 22:46:25
You come up with some hard to find attachments man,good job
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 02/19/2013 : 13:13:39
I think it's 4.25...maybe. I can't remember off-hand. I keep that same size pulley on all my machines for all front attachments. Works great for the broom, weedcutter, EZ Rake, blower and loader.
Tclark Posted - 02/19/2013 : 11:35:37
Josh, what size pulley are you running on the pto shaft it looks to be about a 4 or 5" from the pics
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 02/17/2013 : 08:15:44
Here's the broom in action...not much snow to test it in yet, but wow, does it work great.

http://youtu.be/bz3cBvqbFBk
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 02/14/2013 : 07:27:41
That's a great idea Dave! (and one my wife would probably support!) I remember, as a kid, that was one job I absolutely hated. Grandma and Grandpa's place on the lake had a huge gravel shoulder to the road, and the plows would drive gravel nearly to the house. Before I could do my annual spring oil change and then ride my go-kart that was kept at their place, I had to have that front yard clear of stones, and the large pothole around the mailbox filled back in with them. What I would have given to have something like THIS!

The county has since repaved and broadened the blacktop right to the lawns...no more gravel in the grass.
B10Dave Posted - 02/13/2013 : 22:44:34
Josh...my boss's brother runs a lawn care and snow removal business. He has a Kubota with a broom mounted. He uses it mostly in the spring to return the gravel off lawns to the township roads the snowplow moved it from!! Works great for that job. A Craigs ad could make you some easy tractor fund money in the spring...Dave
olcowhand Posted - 02/13/2013 : 18:03:25
quote:
Originally posted by Cat385B

Sweet! I'm really liking the metal hood on yours, both of mine are the plastic. Both have needed reinforcement along the edges. I can't imagine the metal hood adds too much weight to the unit.

On using it on the lawn, I have a couple of hints. First, go fast. These buggers can scalp really quick. I have considered adding guide wheels on legs to mine. There is tube steel welded in just rearward of the bristle tube bearings on both sides of mine. Still thinking on that one.

Second, double check wind speed and direction if in the vicinity of dog poo. Really.

Once again, congrats.

See you found MT Scott! Glad to have you here. I only frequent 2 forums, MT & GTT. All I could ever need!
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 02/13/2013 : 15:18:42
Thanks Scott! I had given the lawn thing two thoughts...guide/guage wheels, or a smaller PTO pulley to slow it down, and compensate some for ground speed.

I had a front mount E-Z Rake, which was very similar on turf. Even stopping for direction changes would scalp in a hurry, and I would bet this has even more of a bite. It certainly covers more ground. When I caught wind of the broom, I finally bit on a standing offer to let the rake go. Trying to be more practical in my collecting, if there is such a thing =]

I've seen a few brooms with a homemade mudflap type of defector out on the front edge, I assumed, to deflect dust and debris. So far, snow isn't bad, but I don't want to take my chances with dog doo. I'll give the lawn a good sweepin some morning when the dog piles are good and frozen. I did talk to a fella just last nite who had a broom, and put cheap tougne jacks on his, for sweeping acorns out of the lawn, without hurting the turf. That seems easy, and infinitely adjustable.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1