Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1575 / Visits Today: 144
Highest Active Users: 1575
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 The best kind of attachment....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  20:15:34  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The best kind of attachment....

Is free, of course, mounts in seconds, and requires little or no mental activity from the operator. AND I got to spend an hour driving aimlessly around on my latest tractor, a six speed Sovereign. Runs great! The drum is reportedly filled with used motor oil and is very heavy.

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2011 :  07:51:25  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Larry, how wide is it? It looks very small compared to the ones I've seen. Is it poly or steel? I haven't used my freebie yet, becuase of the hassle behind filling and draining it! =] That and my lawn is gravel with an inch of top soil over it....

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2011 :  08:47:38  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't measured it, but I'd say 30". It's steel, and was originally a hand roller, the drawbar is a 36" pressure treated deck ballister with some metal plates bolted on and holes to pin it to the tractor, This was really a job for the 725, with it's 6" wide tires I think it's about 30" wide. The Sovereign is 38". But the point here wasn't to accomplish anything, just to run my newest tractor around. :)

Good use for used oil as long as the EPA dont bust you...

Edited by - larry8200 on 05/15/2011 08:53:18
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2011 :  11:25:04  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't imagine rolling by hand! You need an odometer so you can report to us on your daily mileage! =]

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2011 :  11:47:29  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I can't imagine rolling by hand! You need an odometer so you can report to us on your daily mileage! =]

I wouldn't roll by hand. Period. If it doesn't have a motor, (gas or electric) it's not for me. As for the daily mileage, thats in the same category as how much I spend on my tractors. TOP SECRET!!!

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1603 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2011 :  20:23:37  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Larry,
3 years ago I borrowed a roller like that and pulled it behind my 716H Allis. Well, it was early spring and the yard was already growing so I started mowing while I was pulling the roller. My back yard has a valley and it was wet so the tires slung muddy water all over my 716. When I finnished, I used the water hose to rinse off the tractor and when the water hit the hydro, man did it steam. I could have cooked 10 eggs in it. Amazing that it didn't hurt a thing. Those Hydro's are almost bullit proof.

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic