Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2872 / Visits Today: 1541
Highest Active Users: 2872
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Ag Mech Show
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SimplicitySwede

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2011 :  23:02:35  Show Profile  Visit SimplicitySwede's Homepage Send SimplicitySwede a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I entered my Yeoman into IL Section 24 FFA Ag Mechanics show as a Major project. Didnt win but got 2 A+'s on it. Lost to a kid who all he did was put headers on his CJ 5. It wasnt licensed or anything. Holes in the floor boards and rockers. My 5 month project and his week project. Oh well guess puttin headers on it harder than restoring a mower. Ill be gettin money though

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2011 :  23:19:49  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jared, nobody said life was fair but I think the people who judged this event weren't very knowlegable about the amount of work and skill level involved in your project. Anyway; you know you did a good job and so do we. Dave.

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Edited by - B10Dave on 05/04/2011 23:20:24
Go to Top of Page

SimplicitySwede

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2011 :  23:24:11  Show Profile  Visit SimplicitySwede's Homepage Send SimplicitySwede a Private Message  Reply with Quote
guess i kinda came off as i was POed lol not really just seems funny when the school hosted also had judges that worked at the school and winner from the school lol
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  00:10:53  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'll always wonder about the fairness of the results. Reminds me of the airplane show I went to. They had a bunch of ladies do the judging. The guy with pink on his airplane took home a nice trophy. Go figure. Want you to know that I think you have a really nice looking tractor and you can be very proud of it.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  00:39:29  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think a hardy congratulations is in order!

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

ASEguy

319 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  07:10:10  Show Profile  Visit ASEguy's Homepage Send ASEguy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree. Nice job. If that's all he did on the Jeep, you'd have my vote.

Gerard
1967 Allis B-110
1948 Allis model C
1949 Ford 8N (gift)
Gravely model L walk behind (gift)
Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  07:35:26  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you ever post before pictures of the tractor? I don't remember seeing them. What you have now is awesome. I had to take everything off of a 1963 Broadmoor and re-install it on a new frame and repainted everything as I went. That was hard enough, but easier in my opinion than taking something that really needs work and restoring it. My tractor was in great shape just needed repainting as I switched parts from one frame to another. Jared, it looks like you kind of got hosed, but a hearty pat on the back from me!

Jon
Go to Top of Page

3414HDuval

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  08:58:15  Show Profile  Visit 3414HDuval's Homepage Send 3414HDuval a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I entered my 3414 in my FFA fair at achool, got alot of intrests, our AG mechanic is NEXT WEEK!
Go to Top of Page

SimplicitySwede

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  21:40:07  Show Profile  Visit SimplicitySwede's Homepage Send SimplicitySwede a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 3414HDuval

I entered my 3414 in my FFA fair at achool, got alot of intrests, our AG mechanic is NEXT WEEK!

Good Luck bud from one FFA member to another
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  23:23:53  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unless the kid handmade the headers himself he got preferential treatment. Oh well, that beast sure does look nice!

I was in FFA myself through high school, one fine organization!Learned a lot competing in contests, working on projects. Also, great way to meet girls.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  23:31:41  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kind of like the art world Swede,if you don't kiss the ring of the right judge you go nowhere.How did I know that?
Ron

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page

SimplicitySwede

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  08:45:21  Show Profile  Visit SimplicitySwede's Homepage Send SimplicitySwede a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heres a before pic and bad after pic lol

Go to Top of Page

TroyMN

32 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  22:01:19  Show Profile  Visit TroyMN's Homepage Send TroyMN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice job on the tractor!

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2011 :  10:34:26  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, there's NO doubt you should have trounced the kid with the headers. But you won hands down with us, and isn't that better? LOL
Seriously, it's a shame things are like that in schools, and in life after. Feel good knowing YOU did the best by far!

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic