Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1330 / Visits Today: 18
Highest Active Users: 1330
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 Bush Hog JBI Repower
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  00:41:51  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel,

It isn't gout. With gout you can feel every heartbeat and soaking your foot in a tub of ice water feels good. Don't want to depress you but if you are only 50 it will get worse. I can hardly walk without my arthritis pills due to pain in my knees and feet. What they say about "life begins are 40" is true. What they don't tell you is how much more it hurts.

Hang in there.

Roy
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  09:20:34  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Roy...geez thanks! Yeah, I think it's arthritis, especially since I know that's in my knees, hands, and shoulders. Goes back to that old saying...."Just grin & bear it"! One thing I always try hard to do is keep my sense of humor. I have it soooo good compared to so many worse off. I'm quite thankful for what I have..worldly & healthwise. Oh, & Roy, doc said when my arthritis gets worse, I'll be on some pills for that too.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  20:36:41  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Taking the JBI and my rustiest D4-10 to our local tractor show this
Saturday. Been cleaning up the JBI today & even with old paint looks
pretty decent. Made some decals to dress it up a tad. Furniture
polish brought some luster back to the paint too. Posted some more
pics of it in pic section under "modified JBI".
I can only take so many due to trailer size & time, so I'm taking my
rustiest D4-10 to go after "Ugliest Garden Tractor". No offense
intended, but she is mighty rusty & dirty. Taking her as-is, dirt,
dust, & all! LOL All my tractors run & drive, and that's required for
the show.
Taking 3 other tractors that I will have for sale signs on...my
MF12, Unico 15, and my MF85. Too many tractors & too many debts, so
thinning the herd, but NOT any Bush Hogs nor my Allis, that's for certain!
Next year I WILL have this JB repainted, so going after "Best of
Show" with her then!

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  20:37:36  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's the 2 decals I cut today.

Go to Top of Page

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  20:43:16  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel,

Now that looks like one tough, mean tractor. I like it. And, with the two cylinder Wisconsin it should have plenty of power.

Carry on,

Roy
Go to Top of Page

MarksA-C

USA
307 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  21:54:30  Show Profile  Visit MarksA-C's Homepage  Send MarksA-C an AOL message  Click to see MarksA-C's MSN Messenger address  Send MarksA-C a Yahoo! Message Send MarksA-C a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A engine like that popped up here in WI. Would you say it would be someone easy to fit into a 7016? Extended frame and all that...

Yup, Its Mark! Security!!!
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  22:07:22  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarksA-C

A engine like that popped up here in WI. Would you say it would be someone easy to fit into a 7016? Extended frame and all that...

Heighth of engine would be the main concern. I don't know the height off top of my head, and can't measure till Thursday.

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  22:07:47  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roy

Daniel,

It isn't gout. With gout you can feel every heartbeat and soaking your foot in a tub of ice water feels good. Don't want to depress you but if you are only 50 it will get worse. I can hardly walk without my arthritis pills due to pain in my knees and feet. What they say about "life begins are 40" is true. What they don't tell you is how much more it hurts.

Hang in there.

Forgot to tell you guys...got checked for carpal tunnel, but turned out I checked out fine. BUT he determined I have a bad case of tendonitis causing my arm tingles & numbness in fingers. The tendonitis is affecting my medial nerve. He put me on steroid treatment pack. My arm is still tingling, but better. The big change is in my hands & feet. I was having LOTS of pain that I assumed was arthritis & it likely was. The meds also read to be proper treatment for arthritis besides tendonitis. Feel SO much better now. Figure to get on regular meds for the arthritis, now that I know I can get relief.

Edited by - olcowhand on 03/23/2009 22:13:36
Go to Top of Page

allisstuff

40 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  18:39:02  Show Profile  Visit allisstuff's Homepage Send allisstuff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What meds does your doctor have you taking?
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  18:49:15  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allisstuff

What meds does your doctor have you taking?

The steroid prescription box is at home. I can't remember the name, but I'll check when I get home. The pharmacist was very insistent that it would likely make me sick in my stomach, but not nary a problem.
I took 6 the 1st day, then 5, then 4....one less each day till gone.
My arm still tingles some today, but much improvement. Like I said, the best part was my feet & hands & that's not the issue I even went to the doc for!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic