Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1286 / Visits Today: 1286
Highest Active Users: 1286
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 Bush Hog JBI Repower
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  07:48:29  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A one thousandths clearance is as good as mile as long as the filter can be changed.
Carry on.

Roy
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  21:01:01  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got all 4 rims painted & new tires. Gotta pick up one more new valve stem for a front before mounting the last tire.
Also, I have a pto reversing gearbox that will practically fall right onto the rearmost pto universal. I will be taking out the pto output shaft & installing the gearbox to the pto's universal. This will reverse the rotation of my pto output so I will be able to use my 42" Massey tiller. The bad thing is this will not work with the gearbox going on the pull behind mower. So I took the mower's gearbox apart, milled a keyway in the output shaft on the opposite end & put the driven gear on opposite side of shaft. This reverses this gearbox's rotation to work with the new reverser gearbox going on the tractor. I'll take some pics & post later. Been too busy to really get to this other than doing the keyway.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Edited by - olcowhand on 02/17/2008 20:28:56
Go to Top of Page

MarksA-C

USA
307 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  19:07:09  Show Profile  Visit MarksA-C's Homepage  Send MarksA-C an AOL message  Click to see MarksA-C's MSN Messenger address  Send MarksA-C a Yahoo! Message Send MarksA-C a Private Message  Reply with Quote
any more updates on this??

Yup, Its Mark! Security!!!
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  15:15:44  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not had hardly any hobby time at all, but did do something. Got the JB some new shoes...26x12x12 Carlisles! Same tires as on my Massey with FEL. Love them ags. New tires on front too. I did some garden turn plowing with her but didn't do so good with the turf tires as I hadn't gotten the ags at the time. Power will not be a problem though. I'll plow with her this fall to really see how she'll do.

Edited by - olcowhand on 07/03/2008 15:17:01
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  21:18:53  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Weather has cooled, so felt like a little shop time with the JB. Hadn't got to installing the PTO reverser box, so finally did it. Took out the PTO shaft I gad in it, then re-done that shaft to fit into the reverser. Had to be cut shorter & 1/4" keyway cut into it. On backside I just drilled a hole in shaft, put on a shim washer & roll-pin to hold shaft into gearbox' hollow shaft. I also had to cut the weld off of the welded on ring on the PTO shaft & reposition/reweld as to shorten the output side of the PTO shaft. The input shaft on gearbox had to also be shortened. It all fits perfectly. Just need to make some spacers to bolt it solidly in place. The original hitch is now covered by the gearbox, so I built a receiver & now have a removable drawbar.

Go to Top of Page

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  22:42:10  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice work.

Carry on,

Roy
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  15:25:32  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got the rear PTO in full functioning form today! Had to raise the top-link bracket on chassis to clear the gearbox. Here's a video of tiller going. The PTO driveline runs smooth as silk too! I LOVE this tractor!
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/olcowhand_in_ky/Bush%20Hog%20Jabalina%201/?action=view¤t=MOV00555.flv br /

Edited by - olcowhand on 07/25/2008 15:28:44
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  14:15:57  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After milking this morning, I built a bumper/weight rack for the JB. Works good & holds the weights solid. They bolt down in the back. Also have a rod that goes through all weights. 116lbs along with that heavy TJD will keep the front down! Believe it or not, the front gets light when I have the rear blade on. The blade was like used on a Ford Jubilee that I cut down to 48" wide...heavy built. The bumper may be leaned forward a tad, as the mount bolts are just stuck in hole & not tightened to chassis.

Edited by - olcowhand on 07/27/2008 14:16:44
Go to Top of Page

Homesteader

438 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  14:35:45  Show Profile Send Homesteader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You sure do nice work Daniel. I'm envious of your welding and design skills.

Greg

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  14:47:36  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel, that thing is starting to look like a serious tractor with suitcase weights and all. hows that alternator doing mounted on the frame?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  15:01:43  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The alternator bracket is strong as ever. Everything on this tractor has been fairly easy to make it to look like it was built this way. One thing that helps is that the whole tractor is built basically on a square/rectangular shape.
I appreciate the compliments. I love to build stuff when I feel up to it. My feet are hurting/burning now, but I'm still in the mood to weld stuff.
I am hoping to get this painted by the first week of October for "Lincoln Days" in my county, but not sure if I'll make it. If everything goes well I will, but nothing runs smooth long on a farm.
Those weights just cost me $84 INCLUDING the shipping! I bought two sets! I didn't truly need 2 sets of them, but at that price I HAD to buy extra.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  18:14:49  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel, whats going on with your feet? Hope nothing serious!

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  20:08:49  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

Daniel, whats going on with your feet? Hope nothing serious!

No....well at least I hope it isn't! Doc says it's arthritis, while all older folks say it's gout. I don't have hardly any swelling period, but I have to wear boots 2 or 3 sizes larger than normal to prevent any pressure on my feet at all. Shoelaces as loose as possible. Even still, when I take my shoes off it's like heaven! Teresa will even give them a good old rub if my feet aren't too "aromatic"! They feel as though they are bruised all the time. Takes worse spells just like my hands with arthritis, but the feet are like this 90+% of the time. Really though, it does really drag down my hobby time. Most nights I just don't feel like being on my feet if I don't have to be. I do most my hobby stuff on my days off, as early in the day as possible.
Teresa has womenz parts outpatient surgery Tuesday, nothing drastic, but should make her feel better. I have to get my right knee & chest x-rayed the same day. My knee comes & goes, and my sternum hurts a lot. Feels like a "pop" when I move just wrong. Doc thinks I have a rib problem where they fuse to the sternum. Teresa also has to have a spot of skin cancer taken off August 5th. They say not a thing to worry about, that it's the simple type...easy to remove & forget about.
Hey, I turn 50 soon, so am I not on track? Teresa is only 46, so it's hitting her earlier. I sure hope this all has her feeling better.
Well Phil, you asked. So now you know all I do. Sorry if I ranted on about this stuff, but it is on my mind. Thanks for your concern!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  23:19:20  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gee! Daniel, sounds kinda like Job. I know your profession leaves little down time for you to heal up (the girls wouldn't hear of it).

I need to make a point to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 07/27/2008 23:20:39
Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  23:23:14  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Getin old sure is fun !
Ron.

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic