Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 714 / Visits Today: 551
Highest Active Users: 714
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 First new tractor of 2011!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  23:08:48  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I had Christmas bonus money burning a hole so I placed a Craig's List add wanting AC, Simplicity, Monkey Wards stuff. I got one reply, but that was all that was necessary. I had set a goal of finding a large frame tiller telling myself it could replace the Broadmoor tiller I used last year. Needless to say, if anyone here wants a nice small frame tiller I can set you up!

PO described it as a B-12 with an early B-10 hood and grille. After looking at it I was thinking the same thing until tonight when I got home I took a few pics, tucked it into the garage and came in to figure out the whole picture thing (new camera, new format). As I brightened the pics up from the post 5o'clock darkness I noticed the hitch irons were yellow, hmmm. Quickly slipped shoes on and ran out to the garage, sure enough, I had overlooked the yellow paint under the grease on the bgb and trans! It is actually an early B-10 with a B-12 seat, seat pan and front wheels/tires. Well, the seat pan is the only non molested part on the ugly early B-10 I have the snow plow on currently so guess what's gonna happen there.

Fuel tank is off, replaced with something smaller to get by due to a bit of rust in the bottom. Came with another grille, the one on it is a different pattern.

This is the best seat of this type I have ever seen. Not saying much really considering this is only the third. I have a nice but bare seatpan and backrest from my old B-12 that's in pieces, and I saw a pretty good one on a B-12 for sale at the AC show in Homestead this past year. I think they were B-12 only.

The tires are really quite good, I think they and the seat will end up on my B-12 when it gets back together. The engine is a strong sounding one, no smoke, but not original. It's a 32 cube I/C monster, my favorite kind! Tiller is in nice shape with good tines and I believe the pto is all there, that rarely happens. There is quite a bit of play in the steering, about every part has slop but that's an easy fix I have the parts. I am excited to say the least, happy to put a non-hacked up round hood in the stable again.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  23:33:59  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
congrats on the allis. bonus, you also have the 10" pulley for the gear reduction for the tiller
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  08:17:41  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tractor looks great! I miss those new purchases... I'll be looking in from the outside of the window if one of those appeared in my yard anytime soon... then again, free would probably pass... as I got away with two loaders and two tractors for a song a few months ago.

Yes, I think those were only B12 seats also. Maybe the previous owner wanted that seat and swapped it out. I am iching to get under a cover and take a B12 off one and put it on another. Perhaps this weekend. It will make it more comfortable to plow.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  19:45:09  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. Freddie, good eye. This is the first 10" for me, and it does make a diff for sure! Clutch pulley hits it a bit when clutching, I think a new belt and adjustment is in order there. Michael, no chance of hiding a new one huh? My wife is happy for me when I get a new piece 'cause she can see I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. It also helps the money doesn't come from the household account, only money that's above and beyond my paycheck. But if I wanted to bring in a few without telling her, she wouldn't notice, they all look the same to her if they are the same color.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  18:02:16  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B-16_IC

It also helps the money doesn't come from the household account, only money that's above and beyond my paycheck. But if I wanted to bring in a few without telling her, she wouldn't notice, they all look the same to her if they are the same color.

I owned my first Kubota G5200 for a couple of months when my wife came in and asked "why does your tractor say Koobota on the side"?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  18:23:56  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
phil, did you tell her it was your nic name for the tractor.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic