Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 863 / Visits Today: 863
Highest Active Users: 863
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Todays Favorite
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  20:11:23  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even though it pisses me off at least once every time I touch it...

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  21:53:29  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's an awesome machine...I can't imagine getting mad at it! =]

And I love your new profile picture by the way...clean up that yellow dozer in the spring, and that line up shimmers!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  21:58:11  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And how long have you been feeling that way?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  23:00:32  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

And how long have you been feeling that way?

Bout it being my favorite or being pissed at it? Or Both?

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  23:06:44  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

That's an awesome machine...I can't imagine getting mad at it! =]

And I love your new profile picture by the way...clean up that yellow dozer in the spring, and that line up shimmers!

Not mad at it, me maybe,

2 weeks ago the chains were tight as a drum, running them has cleaned the rust off and now they are "loose as a goose"

Chains SUCK

The Big 10 IS like a

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  00:02:32  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
put them on when the tire is flat, tight. then put air in them and you will never have a problem. point blank, thats wher people go wrong.
Go to Top of Page

sleepy

195 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  00:34:39  Show Profile  Visit sleepy's Homepage Send sleepy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it makes you mad just send it my way. I would love to have a yellow toy and I would not even cuss at it. lol
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  10:32:42  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like Freddie says. Works for me and I don't use any straps. I probably won't be taking mine off again as the 7118 is now the designated blower tractor.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  11:39:54  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200

Even though it pisses me off at least once every time I touch it...

I got one of those! Heck that's a good looking machine.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  12:18:24  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by freddie

put them on when the tire is flat, tight. then put air in them and you will never have a problem. point blank, thats wher people go wrong.

That wouldn't have worked untill the heavy rust is warn off.

Letting the air out has pro's and con's. For example I've had tires with tubes in them suck the valve stem into the rim when deflated, more thsn once. And both these tires have tubes in them.

I also like to take the chains on and off a lot, and once I get them fitted peoperly I have no problem.

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  12:35:12  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
my dad always told me, work smarter, not harder.

my point is. if you like to take the chains on and off. you might as well get a 2nd pair of tires with/without chains. just a thought.

my B110 is used for snowblowing and thats it. i have a machine set up for every task at hand, just so i dont have change things.
lots easyer just switching to different tractor. but thats me.

AND THIS LOVE/HATE thing with the big ten, it will pass. you will fall in love with the FDT
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  16:59:24  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by freddie

my dad always told me, work smarter, not harder.

my point is. if you like to take the chains on and off. you might as well get a 2nd pair of tires with/without chains. just a thought.

my B110 is used for snowblowing and thats it. i have a machine set up for every task at hand, just so i dont have change things.
lots easyer just switching to different tractor. but thats me.

AND THIS LOVE/HATE thing with the big ten, it will pass. you will fall in love with the FDT

The wheels/tires on my 7112H always have chains on them. Bought the chains already on them.

Maintaing extra tractors for each attachment is way more work than switching attachments. Part of Simplicity's philosophy has always been ease of switching attachments

The "hate" portion with the Big 10 is 90% PO's work and 10% a hood that bolts on. The chains were so rusty and dirty they stretched 2", and that is one of the smaller ones. However it's a 45 year old machine and doing great for that.

No question about it, I love the Big 10.

The three footdraggers I now have are creating quite a list of excellent reasons why RBT's rule.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic