Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2058 / Visits Today: 2058
Highest Active Users: 2058
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Throwing Belts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coldr

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2020 :  17:23:33  Show Profile  Visit coldr's Homepage Send coldr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The V belt from my PTO to the mower deck keeps twisting, eventually burning and breaking (7013S Baron). I replaced the idler pulley which was a bit sloppy, but that didn’t fix the problem. Is the pivot arm assembly (174455) supposed to be flat with the shaft and both pulley holes parallel? If so, that’s my problem and I can straighten it. I didn’t want to start bending things at random.

Denis
7013S

coldr

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2020 :  20:03:57  Show Profile  Visit coldr's Homepage Send coldr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Problem solved. The pivot arm shaft was bent at the cotter pin hole. I straightened it and it works ok, but as soon as I find a piece of 5/8” rod I’ll replace it. It’s also quite worn where it passes through the plates.

Denis
7013S

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1603 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2020 :  06:03:26  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good job!

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2020 :  11:57:23  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on the fix!

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic