Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1935 / Visits Today: 1935
Highest Active Users: 1935
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Projects (mechanical/electrical)
 How to separate stuck together 5 gallon buckets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2013 :  11:42:13  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I am not sure if you all use 5 gallon buckets to store parts. I store arbors in buckets and sometimes make a bucket of bolts from some of my projects. I ended up getting two stuck together, so I struggled for a while and then thought maybe someone else solved the problem. I tried the hot water in the sink and cold water in the inner bucket solution this morning. I also managed to stick a think wooden long skewer in between the buckets to insure no air lock. All my struggles paid off. I also found the link below. I also tried coating the inner can with WD40 and used a screw driver to try to pry up the can. I finally got it done. How this helps, if someone else gets two cans stuck together.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/687698/how-to-separate-stuck-together-5-gallon-buckets

Michael

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2013 :  18:20:33  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I carry them over to the air compressor and blow air in between them. Has worked great for me.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2013 :  20:16:42  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

I carry them over to the air compressor and blow air in between them. Has worked great for me.

that usually works for me also. If you use them only for storage of dry parts you can drill a small hole in the bottom bucket and pull them apart. when you are nesting them throw a small 2x4 block of wood in the bottom of each bucket and they will not be able to get welded.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 01/03/2013 20:22:22
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic