Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 404 / Visits Today: 404
Highest Active Users: 404
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Projects (mechanical/electrical)
 How to separate stuck together 5 gallon buckets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
B112 Posted - 01/03/2013 : 11:42:13
Well I am not sure if you all use 5 gallon buckets to store parts. I store arbors in buckets and sometimes make a bucket of bolts from some of my projects. I ended up getting two stuck together, so I struggled for a while and then thought maybe someone else solved the problem. I tried the hot water in the sink and cold water in the inner bucket solution this morning. I also managed to stick a think wooden long skewer in between the buckets to insure no air lock. All my struggles paid off. I also found the link below. I also tried coating the inner can with WD40 and used a screw driver to try to pry up the can. I finally got it done. How this helps, if someone else gets two cans stuck together.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/687698/how-to-separate-stuck-together-5-gallon-buckets
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
skunkhome Posted - 01/03/2013 : 20:16:42
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

I carry them over to the air compressor and blow air in between them. Has worked great for me.

that usually works for me also. If you use them only for storage of dry parts you can drill a small hole in the bottom bucket and pull them apart. when you are nesting them throw a small 2x4 block of wood in the bottom of each bucket and they will not be able to get welded.
Cvans Posted - 01/03/2013 : 18:20:33
I carry them over to the air compressor and blow air in between them. Has worked great for me.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1