Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1504 / Visits Today: 1504
Highest Active Users: 1504
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Allis Chalmers and Simplicity Garden Tractors
 Simple Attachments (Simplicity & AC) Reference
 PTO's (all FDT's and 3300 series)
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  00:11:53  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message
This thread written in collaboration with "Homesteader", my "resourse librarian". Thanks Greg.

This is a study highlighting the major forms of mid-mount pto's to fit the variety of AC and Simplicity FDT's and the Simplicity 3300 series tractor. This is by no means a definitive study but is a good basic foundation for further research. I consider this, a work in progress.

The earliest I could find was Simplicity's #990211 though I am pretty certain there was at least one earlier model that is not documented or is somehow out of sequence. I believe the 990211 was used on the B-1, 725 and maybe some 700's. I always preferred this PTO with the cast steel pulleys over the later models with the shaft welded to a stamped pulley.

The next in line is the 990317 which I believe was introduced in 1963 along with the early B10 and Landlord. I have highlighted the parts that were changed from the previous model.

Next is the 990349 1966 that was used on the 2010, 2012, B10 & B12 and used on the 101 and Big Ten minus washer "BP" in 1975.
I have highlighted the parts that were changed from the previous model.

In 1967 I think they produced the 990460 for the B110 and 2110 and was later used on the 2210 at the same time they made the 990461 for the B112,HB112 3012V and later used it on the 3112V & 3112H
Here too I have highlighted the parts that were changed from the previous model sequence.

In 1968? they started producing the B200 series and the 3200 series with the following PTO. I have not been able to locate the Simplicity Mfg # but it could be that it was no longer considered a stand alone attachment. Newly added or changed parts are Highlighted.
There was precious little left over from the previous model.

Last in the line of "swing arm" PTO's is the one mounted on the Simplicity first RBT, the 3300 series, that came out in 1971. Allis Chalmers had no counterpart to the 3300 series and at the same time was producing the 300 series tractors. Likewise I can locate no Mfg. number and have highlighted changes from the previous model.
I was surprised by the small number of changes made going from a FDT to a RBT.

Please see the reference material in "B-series & Simplicity Classic Tractor Restoration"

http://www.MichaelsTractors.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=182

Please refer to: http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/ for parts lists and operators manuals

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 10/06/2012 13:48:59
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic