Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4930 / Visits Today: 3599
Highest Active Users: 4930
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Local Find...York Rake model RM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  05:24:53  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Checked another attachment off the list...This one will get a refresh in AC yellow, I think, and probably some new hardware. Overall, it's in nice shape, with some of the original color showing through. It needs a tine, and I'll re-bush the wheels. The tires are in real nice condition, and the ID tag is in good shape too.

I searched the web, and found a few mentions of it. Nice thing is, the company is still around and parts are available.

I was suprised how heavy the unit is. The literature says 136# without the optional blade, and I believe it. Should be fun to redo and test run

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  09:06:31  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool attachment. That the first one I have ever seen.
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  20:23:46  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh, you have seriously been leading a charmed life lately! That is one handy looking attachment, brochure pics are all I've ever seen. Keep up this pace and you'll find a Danuser product soon!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  20:26:14  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Question...if garden soil is well tilled, how well do these do to remove rocks? BTW...nice rake!

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

Johnb212

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  21:54:35  Show Profile Send Johnb212 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You truely have a gift for finding the unusual attachments Josh. We used a larger York Rake pulled behind a Ford 9N to finish off excavated areas. They work really well. Only a Rock Hound pulled by a Kabota AWD is work better. Rock Houndz work well even in virgin soil for leveling, light grading and gathering rocks, a good operator will eliminate the need for hand raking.
Have fun with it.
John

The best time to make friends is before you need them.

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  20:15:31  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think they are beginning to find me =]

Go to Top of Page

canawler

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  08:19:57  Show Profile  Visit canawler's Homepage Send canawler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Kind of like the Crazy Cat Lady....

The Affable Attachment Guy!

Ohh, that's baaad.

---Jim
'74 Allis-Chalmers Homesteader 8 X2
'67 Simplicity Broadmoor 717
'74 MTD 990
'67? Pennsylvania Meteor 1010
'93 Troybilt GTX-18

Edited by - canawler on 06/16/2012 08:27:56
Go to Top of Page

cschmidt62

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  14:17:53  Show Profile  Visit cschmidt62's Homepage Send cschmidt62 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by canawler

[quote]Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Kind of like the Crazy Cat Lady....

The Affable Attachment Guy!

lol,

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  08:40:46  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to need to find a new house, with either a larger basement, or an outbuilding =]

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic