Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 21927 / Visits Today: 3274
Highest Active Users: 21927
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 B Series Attachments
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2011 :  13:29:17  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been collecting (NO!) AC pictures of the attachment line they put together in the 60's for Simplicity large frame tractors. An astonishing collection to say the least. Although almost none were actually made by AC (or Simplicity either) it was still a monumental feat. I wonder if there are any of the rarer ones left, couldn't have been many made to start with.

I have also wondered how things would have worked out for AC if the federal government hadn't brought an anti-trust suit against them for there 1965 purchase of Simplicity Mfg. For sure there were some great things going on then that got lost....

Most of these pictures I found at www.simpletractors.com say thankyou.

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2011 :  14:05:41  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love the post hole digger, the forklift, the loader and trencher!!! Could use them all!!

Jon
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2011 :  15:44:44  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about that fringed umbrella? I have never seen one of those. I do have a winter/summber cab though. It needs to be re-canvassed soon.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2011 :  20:20:05  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like that first pic with a B-1 running duals behind the winter cab and blower. That cannot work real well, but looks pretty macho! =]

Larry, there was a 725 with an original trencher out your way not too long ago on CL. I think it was Rob that posted it here...$1600 for the running package, if I remember right. Was a steal for a guy with the dough. Only the second one I've seen. Just a saw tooth chain will run a guy $500+.

The guy I bought my 3212H has a hood mounted fogger, but won't let it go for anything. It's pretty beat, and maybe I can coax some pics from him.

I'm waiting patiently for a rear mount Allis/Mac sprayer...they tell me Spring, which will be one year from my first inquiry. I think the coolest option/kit I've seen was the LP conversion kit that was shown in a tractor show pic on this site or ST this summer. That was a pretty neat and outrageous looking deal.

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2011 :  21:00:06  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hang onto just about every photo like this that I come across, when it pertains to an attachment or option I have, but didn't realize just how many were orange Here's a couple I had on my computer that were yellow

And that elusive sprayer...

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2011 :  22:13:48  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not sure the ultimate outcome for AC would have been any different but the money tied up and lost in fighting the lawsuit and building a separate plant for AC outdoor products could have well been used to help ford off back to back hostile take over attempts.. Never the less AC manufacturing was earning record income in the early 80's but was on the rocks by 1984. Times were tough for all the tractor manufacturers in the mid 1980's but AC management was not up to the challenge. A couple of interesting tractors came out that turmoil the 300 & 400 series. They are the tractors that the Feds built.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  19:37:15  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-ALLIS-CHALMERS-B-12-TRACT-BLOWER-CAB-PHOTOS-/300366744971?pt=BI_Books_Manuals&hash=item45ef40cd8b

Just read this thread, and then found these. Very cool
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  20:34:29  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, so many attachments I would love to own and use! Thanks for the posting Larry, some great pictures there!

One operation I see in those pics I wouldn't dare try is the boat launching, No way I would try to BACK up a boat ramp pulling the boat with the front axle. Looks like a surefire way to get wet!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic