Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 728 / Visits Today: 323
Highest Active Users: 728
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Another project ...B-1 Loader restoration
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  20:15:54  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it’s been a while coming, but I’ve finally worked through enough projects to get back into my B-1 loader project. The resto was mostly complete, but assembly was put off over and over. In the process of refinishing, I dropped my Cessna pump, causing a tweak of some sort that was binding inside the pump. A local shop fixed it for free, and I got it back from them last week….so here we go!

A pic of the delivery, then the post-sandblasting

Getting my rear mounts and wheel spacers in place (was missing one original mount, and wheel spacers)

Here’s where I picked up the project this week. Getting the frame mounted was a pain. Since I was missing the front mount bracket, I had fabbed one when I put the Big Ten back together. Problem was…I did not get the spacing right, and needed to take the grill off and add some spacers to allow the front tabs on the loader frame to slide in.

And here’s where we ended up. I got my hoses, pins and fluid squared away, and fired the old girl up. After finding that ONE fitting I FORGOT to tighten, we were in business. I cycled it per the manual, and it bled out quickly and was working great! Went for a spin, and was running out of light, so maybe tomorrow we’ll work on decals and some photography. I shot the bucket with yellow, and am heading for some relaxation. It is an amazing ‘toy’! This should be fun =]

snohiker

USA
521 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  21:11:24  Show Profile  Visit snohiker's Homepage Send snohiker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
josh that looks awesome some day ill be doing the same

Rob
]

Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  21:12:28  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stinking gorgeous!!! One question, in pic #10 from top that frame almost looks like it sticks out far enough to impede your front axle from pivoting all the way. Is there plenty of clearance? That is a tight fit! I would love to have a rig like that, it really is a great looking machine. Be proud of that and all the work you've done to make it look like new.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  21:16:04  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Keen eye Jon! Yeah, there are actually stops on the laoder frame that protrude, and I'm assuming, to limit the travel of the axle. The loader, after I teased it in as far as the mounting bolts allow, leaves those stops out front over the axle. Maybe to limit the roll of the machine on uneven ground?

Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  21:23:37  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look's great Josh! Glad to see it all mounted up. Did you get the B-1 hood decals for the loader arms? That's what i used, look great.

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  21:36:16  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup....and the AC diamonds. My manual shows one on the bucket too...dont have that one yet.

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  22:19:56  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My TEN wants to play...

Aske for "Josh" by name

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  05:23:19  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think they'd have an awfully lot of fun together Larry!

Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  17:34:38  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Get that garage floor painted Josh, and itd look like a showroom with all those shiny tractors in there

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  19:39:42  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got some things squared away tonite, and was able to get a few more pics. It's a pretty neat feel to drive around a loader, being new to it and all.

The ‘ol Big Ten is running a bit fussy for some reason. I’m going to have to tinker with the carb and see what’s going on. She sounds like she’s running rich at high rpm, but falls flat on her face when I take fuel away or when a load is put against it. Throwin some nasty fire from the pepper shaker too. =[

Edited by - Talntedmrgreen on 11/02/2011 19:45:21
Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  21:53:42  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look's good Josh. In my experience with the loader on it takes some fine tuning with the carb.

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  22:57:12  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that is really nice. Looks like your ready for using it also! Thank you for the photos!

Michael
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  16:34:55  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
one word. sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
nice job, i envey it.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  19:07:56  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
=] Still workin on some bugs. Next week, I need to spend some time tuning, and I'm finding the loader doesn't like to drop with enough force to relatch. Might be an adjustment or operator error. I moved some of my sod pile tonite, and even without counterweight, I can get a good size scoop and run around with it.

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  19:29:26  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some consider these loaders as "toys", but that couldn't be further from the truth. They can do substantial work and can save ones backs from permanent damage to boot. That loader/tractor combo is truly NICE!

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  20:08:20  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah...feels like a big kid's toy right now. Once I get her 'right', and wear some paint off, I will find out how useful it is =]

My sod pile is a back breaker for sure, and 3 half bucket-fulls took no effort at all. I have a couple yards there to move, and shoveling and wheeling just that small amount by hand would have had me too sore to get into my treestand in the morning! I have very little experience with hydraulics, but the power there makes work seem effortless.

The machine doe snot seem to feel a load from the pump. I can fire her up at an idle...putt, putt, putt...and the loader will gp up and down no problem. The same test with my hydro lift would stall the engine at that low RPM.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic