Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 701 / Visits Today: 568
Highest Active Users: 701
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Allis Chalmers and Simplicity Garden Tractors
 Buying/Pricing Guidelines
 AC 919 value
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

heron

3 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  09:12:04  Show Profile  Visit heron's Homepage Send heron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Newbie here. Looking to purchase a 919H. Wondered what a value would be on this tractor.
I have not seen it yet but supposedly it is all original, painted once, motor does not burn any oil(Kohler;orig.), deck is in great shape. Only thing wrong with it is a slow leak in one of the front tires. Seller says it cuts great and everything functions with no leaks what so ever. He said he thought the belt on the deck was original. I grew up cutting with a Homelite T16 which I will be retrieving from my dad to rebuild but parts are much harder to find compared this AC. Are there any issues with these tractors?
Seller wants $1200..?

oldsarge

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  09:50:24  Show Profile  Visit oldsarge's Homepage Send oldsarge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably the best GT AC ever made if you've got "WORK" to do.ie;big lawn,big garden,snow blowing. Big for 2 acres or less,good motor, $$$$ is up to you but not ridiculous. My $.02
Go to Top of Page

heron

3 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  13:06:02  Show Profile  Visit heron's Homepage Send heron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Worse case scenario if motor fails or there is something else catastrophic would I be better off spending $1200 on this or rebuilding the cast iron 16hp on my dads homelite? I know his tractor needs nothing other than the deck welded up, rings and maybe some carb work since he's never touched it in the 35 years he ran the tractor. Probably needs a seat, paint but hydro worked great and all else worked well before it lost all compression.
Go to Top of Page

sammiefish

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  09:20:35  Show Profile  Visit sammiefish's Homepage Send sammiefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If $ is an issue I would say put $400 into a complete engine rebuild
on the homelite...better the devil you know than the devil you dont...
As for your concern on the homelite parts availability... I think that
they are probably more available than you think...

I think $1200 for a 919H with a deck seems very expensive

Chris 3/4's : )
Go to Top of Page

heron

3 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  15:03:36  Show Profile  Visit heron's Homepage Send heron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, agreed about the $400 which I will probably end up doing at some point since I know the history of the Homelite but parts do seem hard to find for that tractor.

Just spoke to the seller again about the 919. He said it still has the original blades on it and belts. Also, tires are all original, engine burns no oil. He said it may need points. Battery is weak just because he doesn't use it anymore. He bought a diesel deere due to having more to mow.
From what he said the tractor is in as good as shape as imaginable for that year.

Still don't think it's worth $1200...?

Side note: he said he is doing a compression test on the motor tonight for me. He'll let me know before I make the 3hr trip to potentially buy it.
Anyone know what I should be looking for as far as numbers on the Kohler twin?
Go to Top of Page

Allisimple

7 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  20:56:42  Show Profile  Visit Allisimple's Homepage Send Allisimple a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have 4 Kohler 19hp on the 7100 series and i have no problem with any of them
I also have 2 17hp and 2 18hp so you can see I have plenty Kohlers
they are all in good shape and I didn't give over $600.00 for any of them

quote:
Originally posted by heron

Newbie here. Looking to purchase a 919H. Wondered what a value would be on this tractor.
I have not seen it yet but supposedly it is all original, painted once, motor does not burn any oil(Kohler;orig.), deck is in great shape. Only thing wrong with it is a slow leak in one of the front tires. Seller says it cuts great and everything functions with no leaks what so ever. He said he thought the belt on the deck was original. I grew up cutting with a Homelite T16 which I will be retrieving from my dad to rebuild but parts are much harder to find compared this AC. Are there any issues with these tractors?
Seller wants $1200..?

Go to Top of Page

Allisimple

7 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  21:03:16  Show Profile  Visit Allisimple's Homepage Send Allisimple a Private Message  Reply with Quote
if that T16 has the same deck as the Simplicity a 48 inch deck pan is about $425.00 I just got one and you can change everything over

quote:
Originally posted by heron

Worse case scenario if motor fails or there is something else catastrophic would I be better off spending $1200 on this or rebuilding the cast iron 16hp on my dads homelite? I know his tractor needs nothing other than the deck welded up, rings and maybe some carb work since he's never touched it in the 35 years he ran the tractor. Probably needs a seat, paint but hydro worked great and all else worked well before it lost all compression.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic