Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1757 / Visits Today: 426
Highest Active Users: 1757
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Todays Find, isn't orange.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  14:48:39  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  15:08:06  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Larry I have an 850 Ford (Red and Gray) and love it. I use it for mowing the airfield with
a 6' Artsway brushhog. The tractor pictured has power steering on it. I'd buy it in a moment if it is in decent mechanical condition.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  15:49:26  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thats a jubalee. not as good as a 8n MY 2 CENTS
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  16:18:02  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never run an N series, but thought the Naa Golden Jubilee was the final and best equipped of the N series. It's been less than a mile down the road ever since I've been here. It runs and mows fine. I've been interested in it for years, But the owner Dick died 3 years ago and his widow thinks it's worth 4K, but hasn't had a single offer of any amount. We'll see. I dont know what a good brush hog is worth, but the tractor in nice shape is worth 2.5-3K around here. This one needs paint, but the tires and rims are good, and the hydraulics dont leak.

Of course, the local Massey dealer would love to help me committ financial suicide by selling me one of these 9n copies on the EZ payment plan. I cant help but look at these when I drive by.

Go to Top of Page

Speedy2222

115 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  16:44:59  Show Profile  Visit Speedy2222's Homepage  Send Speedy2222 an AOL message Send Speedy2222 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i like using my uncles ford 800 but i'd take my farmal over it for keeps

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  16:57:25  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see a lot of N's around, some real, real nice. There's a Jubilee that just popped up locally on CL for $4K with a loader, brushhog and backhoe. Looks nice, but too much dough for this guy.

Just saw a restored Allis B with a newer loader pop up for $1900. That puppy looks sharp as a tack!

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  17:02:13  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Speedy2222

i like using my uncles ford 800 but i'd take my farmal over it for keeps

Thats a nice pair, I'm looking for something with a standard 3 point hitch and PTO. Does the Farmall have that? I've looked at several real nice Allis B series and had to pass because they only had a drawbar.

Go to Top of Page

Speedy2222

115 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  18:55:52  Show Profile  Visit Speedy2222's Homepage  Send Speedy2222 an AOL message Send Speedy2222 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
unfortunately the Farmall just has a draw bar. I'd recommend the ford for sure. Some of the bigger Farmalls have 3 points, and i THINK the Farmall C may have one

Edited by - Speedy2222 on 07/14/2011 18:56:31
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  19:47:34  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unless I'm wrong the Farmall's may have been ordered with a 2 point but I'm not aware of any three points in the letter series.
At least I have never run across one.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  20:00:28  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw a Ford which looks like that which was newer than the 8N and had power steering. Does that tractor have Power Steering or is it too old?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  20:50:37  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
N series fords go for a dime a dozen around here, and everyone I've seen that is running has a welded up crack in the water jacket. That be strange in light of our mild climate. As for AC I think you need to get a CA or newer to get the hydraulics.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

snohiker

USA
521 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  22:01:04  Show Profile  Visit snohiker's Homepage Send snohiker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200

I've never run an N series, but thought the Naa Golden Jubilee was the final and best equipped of the N series. It's been less than a mile down the road ever since I've been here. It runs and mows fine. I've been interested in it for years, But the owner Dick died 3 years ago and his widow thinks it's worth 4K, but hasn't had a single offer of any amount. We'll see. I dont know what a good brush hog is worth, but the tractor in nice shape is worth 2.5-3K around here. This one needs paint, but the tires and rims are good, and the hydraulics dont leak.

Of course, the local Massey dealer would love to help me committ financial suicide by selling me one of these 9n copies on the EZ payment plan. I cant help but look at these when I drive by.

ohhh i have the same problem here larry drive by those at chapple tractor everyday they look so cool in the old way

Rob
]

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  22:18:44  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B112

I saw a Ford which looks like that which was newer than the 8N and had power steering. Does that tractor have Power Steering or is it too old?

Yes, it has power steering.

Phil: pleaese define a "Dime a dozen" even at scrap vzlue, a 9n is worth $1.5K

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  23:24:23  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The problem with the 9N as I recall is that they only have the 3 speed transmission. Where as the 8N and later have the
4 speeds. I have never been around a 2N so I know zilch about them. I always thought that an 8N or NAA would be a nice addition.
I would like to strangle the people who tell someone their old tractors are worth gold. It doesn't do them any favor as they end up setting until they are worthless to anyone. Real shame.

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  23:34:49  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

I would like to strangle the people who tell someone their old tractors are worth gold. It doesn't do them any favor as they end up setting until they are worthless to anyone. Real shame.

This one is getting there... :(

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  09:17:51  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think mine are worth their weight in gold,but that's a good thing, so I won't be able to sell them! LOL

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic