Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1621 / Visits Today: 290
Highest Active Users: 1621
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 PLAYING with the Johnny Bucket Jr.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  14:19:14  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went out and got a quick load of lime stone to put in a high traffic area that will likely never grow grass. I really like the fact that in about 2 minutes I can have the Johnny bucket attached and ready to go without removing the mower. I can easily unload a yard of material, in this case #8 crushed limestone, with about 10 trips with the bucket.

It is a pretty tight fit to get Sweet Allis backed into the shed with the bucket and mower attached.

Bugsy is standing by ready to do his share of the work

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  14:43:02  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I didn't already have a loader I would sure look into your Johnny Bucket. Has to be a real back saver.
Can you level the gravel with it?

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  14:49:15  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do wish I had the bread for one of those. It would be a great fit on my Sovereign...

Jon
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  20:19:26  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

?....
Can you level the gravel with it?

yes, you can. If I had hydraulics it would be better than super.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  20:40:37  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really like the idea that it is self contained.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  21:50:18  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was a Johnny Sr. on my local CL not too long ago. $700 and looked like new. I'm not sure what the difference is, but it popped up because it mentioned being mounted on a Simplicity. NO idea what they go for either, but sure looks like a winner!

Got any close-ups of how it mounts? I've never seen one in the flesh.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  01:01:00  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The bucket is attached at the pivot bar with two hooks with latches. The hair pin cotters keep the latches from spring open but have no load on them under normal use.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

AC716H

213 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  19:46:14  Show Profile  Visit AC716H's Homepage Send AC716H a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phil, do you use the bucket for moving snow? I need something that will allow me to pick up and move snow... my only concern is that it won't go high enough to allow me to dump it over top a pile.

Also, these are the first photos I've seen of Sweet Allis with the tri-ribs. How do you like 'em? Does it help steering effort much?
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  20:07:49  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't move snow. Clearance is only 5-6 inches, so I doubt it would be of much use for your purposes unless you build a ramp to clear the berms.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  21:12:19  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

Clearance is only 5-6 inches

What's the down inches? Will the johnny bucket dig also?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  21:33:07  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It will dig 4-5 inches below grade.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  21:37:48  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that's better than the stock loaders as they only dig like 2". Definitely a nice setup.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  21:56:18  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok time to build one for myself. thanks for the pics. this will bne easy, but i will do it with a hydrolic 12 volt pump i all ready have. get busy freddie.
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  07:04:57  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you didnt have that Johnny Bucket on Sweet Allis, you would have room for one more tractor in that shed

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  08:10:16  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can also make a shelf in the shed and stack them! That's what a friend of mine wants me to do with mine. Then the next toy will be a forklift.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  10:53:06  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No if I did not have 20- 5 gallon fuel cans and a pressure washer I could fit in another tractor.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic