Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 495 / Visits Today: 495
Highest Active Users: 495
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 B series forklift
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  20:08:57  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the pics Michael. I see the steering arm is bent along with the foot rest. The Serial number plate looks similar to the one on my loader. Anyone know if the forklift was made by Henry Manufacturing like the loaders were?

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  20:56:43  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I asked about a close up of the serial number plate. I'd guess by the design and time period that loader was built, it might be by Henry. Though some of the other attachments were by other vendors.

I was recently about 2 hours from there, if Easter was not here, I would have asked to go see it.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  21:02:46  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that is going to take alot to restore. With how rare it is it is definitely worth it, too bad I don't have the resources to get it back to it's deserved state.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

frog19

79 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  21:43:30  Show Profile Send frog19 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have seen one of these that was restored to a better than new look.
they use it around there farm on a daily bases. It got me in the mode to find one or build one.I started getting stuff to build on from sum drawings i found on the enternet.but before I could get started I had my second back surgery.when recovering I found a different option. I bought a toro greenmaster reel mower that is all hydraulic. I striped all the mower parts off and started building from there. I have finished it and have started to paint.
I'll post some picture when it's dry
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  22:29:40  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frog19

I have seen one of these that was restored to a better than new look.
they use it around there farm on a daily bases. It got me in the mode to find one or build one.I started getting stuff to build on from sum drawings i found on the enternet.but before I could get started I had my second back surgery.when recovering I found a different option. I bought a toro greenmaster reel mower that is all hydraulic. I striped all the mower parts off and started building from there. I have finished it and have started to paint.
I'll post some picture when it's dry

I can't wait to see that.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  08:18:56  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jonathan Mole(Jonnysac)got the fork lift. He does very nice work on his restorations so I'm hoping to see this in person at an upcoming show soon.

Here are a couple of pics. Mike Beiry(MDB)posted across the street.

Looks like they picked up a few other goodies as well.

Mack

Edited by - Mack on 04/28/2011 08:20:29
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  18:59:28  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately he didn't get the forks, or did he? I see it was another Henry Co. attachment and they label it B-1 or B-10 after the model tractor it was installed on (I think). Would be curious if the serial number fall in the range of the loaders or if there was a count of how many of these attachments made. Let us know when you see it at a show.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  20:07:24  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is that long shape to the left and in the foreground of the grader blade? Fork blade?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

simplelife

USA
1385 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  21:19:39  Show Profile  Visit simplelife's Homepage Send simplelife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

What is that long shape to the left and in the foreground of the grader blade? Fork blade?

Looks like it could be a swath board from a sickle mower.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  21:34:30  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simplelife

Looks like it could be a swath board from a sickle mower.

well I thought so too but it looks a tad too long for that. Maybe it is just the angle of the shot.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

frog19

79 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  22:01:56  Show Profile Send frog19 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know this isn't like the AC look alike that i had planned to build but I used what parts that came available. It lift 65" to the bottom of the forks and we lift a tested weight of 525 lb.

Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  22:18:14  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Geez, the back end doesn't get light with over 500lbs on it? Very well done, that is one cool looking rig.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  22:20:23  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a great looking project. I like it. Thanks for sharing.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

frog19

79 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  22:23:13  Show Profile Send frog19 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you look over the steer tire there are 2 pieces of railroad rail as a counter weight
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  23:03:05  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hope no trains came off their tracks lol

Michael
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic