Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2243 / Visits Today: 952
Highest Active Users: 2243
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Homemade attachments.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2010 :  20:43:39  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys. We all know about factory supplied attachments and factoy approved aftermarket attachments for our tractors. How about some pics of homemade stuff you have. I'll start it off with pics of my roller,sprayer and rider cart for the wife at shows. B10Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2010 :  00:47:25  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God bless your wife, mine would never ride on that sulky, she's a brave woman, hopefully you don't drive your tractors as fast as I do. Just kidding, I have an old 8N seat and a old wheel barrow frame, Hey hon come here I got a present fer ya. I'll get a picture of my homemade rock rake and drag scoop, that one day may be a johnny bucket

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1603 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2010 :  08:53:57  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What exactly is that roller made from?

quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave

Hey guys. We all know about factory supplied attachments and factoy approved aftermarket attachments for our tractors. How about some pics of homemade stuff you have. I'll start it off with pics of my roller,sprayer and rider cart for the wife at shows. B10Dave

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2010 :  09:27:10  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the roller looks like an old air tank.
Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2010 :  12:37:48  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Byron. I used an old hot water tank. Took about 12 inches out of length,reversed lower end plate so both ends would be convex and welded axle through the middle. Made up the hitch assy. and used pillow block bearings with grease fittings. Weighs about 650 LBS full of water. B10Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Edited by - B10Dave on 08/29/2010 12:40:01
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2010 :  15:50:22  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like homemade attachments even if they are not stylish...If they work, I like. This is a nice little hiller that came with my B112, it beats a hoe and rake but I would like to have larger sweeps to make taller rows.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 08/29/2010 21:31:10
Go to Top of Page

snohiker

USA
521 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2010 :  19:31:03  Show Profile  Visit snohiker's Homepage Send snohiker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hey phil would you change anything on that hiller to make it better my wheels are turning again

Rob
]

Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2010 :  20:37:48  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
None of these are completely homemade, but almost every thing I have has been "customized"

Rear Scraper/Rock Rake

Drag scoop, possible front bucket

Converted David Bradley sleeve hitch plow, now 3 point

Allis? Sleeve Hitch Middle Buster

Sears Disc pins cut off and re attached for Cat 0

Homemade Tool Bar/Cultivator

Mostly Home Made Tools for Cultivator

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2010 :  21:35:31  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snohiker

hey phil would you change anything on that hiller to make it better my wheels are turning again

bigger sweeps would help or possibly 12" discs. Then make it adjustable for width.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

snohiker

USA
521 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2010 :  22:21:25  Show Profile  Visit snohiker's Homepage Send snohiker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ive got a couple of things going

Rob
]

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2010 :  22:40:50  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rob, that looks like nice work. I hope to be able to weld some day.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2010 :  22:44:57  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shoot it's tough to play with metal with the price of steel

Go to Top of Page

snohiker

USA
521 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  22:38:26  Show Profile  Visit snohiker's Homepage Send snohiker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
pics of bucket on 3112h

Rob
]

Go to Top of Page

Gray

Canada
165 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  01:40:08  Show Profile  Visit Gray's Homepage Send Gray a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, Snohiker Rob;

Whatcha got for a lift on the front bucket?
And what kind of metal is the bucket made of? Is it really light? Hard to tell from pix.

ALLIS CHALMERS 716H
SIMPLICITY Pacer 1334
Go to Top of Page

Gray

Canada
165 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  01:48:37  Show Profile  Visit Gray's Homepage Send Gray a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave

Nice looking little sprayer there, Dave. Do you still get to use it much with the pesticide ban?

ALLIS CHALMERS 716H
SIMPLICITY Pacer 1334
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  20:42:18  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Nice looking little sprayer there, Dave. Do you still get to use it much with the pesticide ban?"
What pesticide ban? I never got the memo. Our local AG store sells some wicked stuff, of course my neighbors new baby also has a tail, now that's wicked

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic