Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 526 / Visits Today: 526
Highest Active Users: 526
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 newest find
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  08:58:32  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you need to keep your width at or under 800 pixels. I size everything to 800 as it fits most screens, prevents double scrolling, and gives a consistent view.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Leroy

USA
413 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  22:48:57  Show Profile  Visit Leroy's Homepage Send Leroy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok lets see if this works

Go to Top of Page

Leroy

USA
413 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  22:58:12  Show Profile  Visit Leroy's Homepage Send Leroy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't disassembled a tractor yet, any hint's on the best methods? Top down, no doubt. I don't have a plan.
should i tag each part? left right? bottom top? maybe after it quits raining i can just get to it and the plan will develop.
Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  05:28:33  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am taking apart a Broadmoor right now (much simpler tractor) and I am starting with the back, painting it, getting it back together, then moving to the top of the front, then the pulleys underneath to finish it off. That's the PLAN anyway....

Jon
Go to Top of Page

Denny

348 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  05:55:10  Show Profile  Visit Denny's Homepage Send Denny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God has spoken to ya,,, look up at your screen door in the last pic,,, plain as day the AC triangle emblem. A blessed piece already !!

Early B10
67 Bee10
68 B16HD 112 Loader
68 B112 L112
68 B112
4041 Power Max
Go to Top of Page

sleepy

195 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  09:26:48  Show Profile  Visit sleepy's Homepage Send sleepy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I did was take lots of pictures with a digital camera as I went along. I also have a manual so hopefully it will go back together easy.
Go to Top of Page

Leroy

USA
413 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  15:45:18  Show Profile  Visit Leroy's Homepage Send Leroy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleepy

What I did was take lots of pictures with a digital camera as I went along. I also have a manual so hopefully it will go back together easy.

Yeah those pics are about as good as a book. Zip lock baggies for nuts bolts and washers, wire tag notes.
Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  22:29:21  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didnt take pictures or notes or labels. It was by far the worst decision of my life, as it has come back to bit me a few times. The only thing I can say that the lack of notes requires a lot of thinking and a lot more time and patience. I would definitely take pictures and label everything that comes off - also download the manual. You will thank yourself if you take your time and come up with a plan. If not, plan on being overwhelmed.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  23:25:04  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say take pictures and get a box of ziplock bags and bag all the nuts, bolts, washers, pins from each component in its own bag you will label.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic