Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 187 / Visits Today: 24
Highest Active Users: 187
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 New meats for the old Homesteader
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  23:35:22  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got the new lugs I picked up a while back mounted on rims Saturday. Sunday afternoon I slipped them on the back of my tiller tractor, a Homesteader 8 repowered with a 12. I had few times this summer that the tiller would push the tractor forward overcoming the turfs minimal grip in the garden. I was hoping the lugs would be the answer, yep, they sure help! Not to mention they look way cooler!

I tilled a small patch that I had plowed late this spring and then never touched again. It grew up with foxtail pretty heavy, It was ripe for the burning Sunday so I went at it with my trusty Zippo, then tilled with the AC.

Seems weird, mid-afternoon I'm tilling, by the time I went to bed everything outside was white! Yuck! Not a snow fan!

I really need to devise some kind of weight on the frontend, with the tiller raised it tends to get a bit light, as in kinda spooky. Has anyone ever seen anything from the factory for these little ones?

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich

Homesteader

438 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  06:59:26  Show Profile Send Homesteader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B-16_IC

I really need to devise some kind of weight on the frontend, with the tiller raised it tends to get a bit light, as in kinda spooky. Has anyone ever seen anything from the factory for these little ones?

990466 instruction Sheet

Greg

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  22:40:00  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just what I needed to see! Thank you very much for posting the pictures Greg! I've never seen one before, looks easy enough to fabricate, probably not an easy find.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic