Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2167 / Visits Today: 286
Highest Active Users: 2167
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 New meats for the old Homesteader

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
B-16_IC Posted - 12/07/2009 : 23:35:22
I got the new lugs I picked up a while back mounted on rims Saturday. Sunday afternoon I slipped them on the back of my tiller tractor, a Homesteader 8 repowered with a 12. I had few times this summer that the tiller would push the tractor forward overcoming the turfs minimal grip in the garden. I was hoping the lugs would be the answer, yep, they sure help! Not to mention they look way cooler!

I tilled a small patch that I had plowed late this spring and then never touched again. It grew up with foxtail pretty heavy, It was ripe for the burning Sunday so I went at it with my trusty Zippo, then tilled with the AC.

Seems weird, mid-afternoon I'm tilling, by the time I went to bed everything outside was white! Yuck! Not a snow fan!

I really need to devise some kind of weight on the frontend, with the tiller raised it tends to get a bit light, as in kinda spooky. Has anyone ever seen anything from the factory for these little ones?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
B-16_IC Posted - 12/08/2009 : 22:40:00
Just what I needed to see! Thank you very much for posting the pictures Greg! I've never seen one before, looks easy enough to fabricate, probably not an easy find.
Homesteader Posted - 12/08/2009 : 06:59:26
quote:
Originally posted by B-16_IC

I really need to devise some kind of weight on the frontend, with the tiller raised it tends to get a bit light, as in kinda spooky. Has anyone ever seen anything from the factory for these little ones?

990466 instruction Sheet

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1