Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 492 / Visits Today: 492
Highest Active Users: 492
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Grader Blade
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2nstoys

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  07:00:57  Show Profile  Visit 2nstoys's Homepage Send 2nstoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Made this grader blade for my 3410. Cut a old plow in half and made the front mounts. Works great. I made a way for it to hook to the running board so that I can snowblow and still have it hooked up to drag the last of the snow that the blower leaves behind. When it snows I will see if it works.

lilredb1

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  02:42:13  Show Profile  Visit lilredb1's Homepage Send lilredb1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see more pics of that grader blade and setup....

Do you intend to raise/lower the grader blade at the same time the snowblower raises/lowers?

it's a simple fetish....
Go to Top of Page

jimmyj

Canada
1081 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  10:20:48  Show Profile  Visit jimmyj's Homepage Send jimmyj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a great idea! How do you raise and lower it? Can you change the angle so it is higher or lower on one side vs the other?
Go to Top of Page

2nstoys

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  22:36:01  Show Profile  Visit 2nstoys's Homepage Send 2nstoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will post more pics someday when I can get home early enough. It raises with the mower deck cable. It seems to be pretty level even when angled. I do have it adjusted so it hits the ground as the blower is still 1.5 inches above the ground. Have not had alot of snow yet to try it.

Edited by - 2nstoys on 11/26/2008 22:40:54
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  01:31:07  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have an old Sears (I am told) plow that I could cut in half. Great idea. now all I need to do is start welding.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

2nstoys

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  12:01:20  Show Profile  Visit 2nstoys's Homepage Send 2nstoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally home during the day today. Here are some more pics. Also incuded one of my Electric blower spout rotater.

Go to Top of Page

ZippoVarga

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  10:48:18  Show Profile  Visit ZippoVarga's Homepage  Send ZippoVarga an AOL message  Send ZippoVarga a Yahoo! Message Send ZippoVarga a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome set up! What did you use for a spout rotator? I've seen GM electric window motors used but that doesn't look like any window actuator I've ever seen. Almost looks like a windhield wiper motor. Did you use a Single pole double throw switch with your set up or individual switches?

Phil,

When I grade my barn drive I get the crown by just standing on the out side of the blade and letting the other float towards the center. With the blade being mounted to the front axle, it will maintain a crown if you already have one on your drive as the grader follows the pitch of the front axle. One tire on the crown, one on the driven path should automaticaly give you the crown if there is already one there. And as I stated earlier, to make a crown, just stand on the outside edge of the blade and let the crown side float.

Simply the best tractors ever made.Zip~
Go to Top of Page

2nstoys

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  16:58:53  Show Profile  Visit 2nstoys's Homepage Send 2nstoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is off of a newer Chevy Silverado front door window regulator. Just cut the cables and used them. Used a double pole double throw switch to actuate. Works good so far. May need to make a cover if snow buildup becomes a problem.
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  17:29:02  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Design! I like that window regulator, first I've seen like it.
Now to Phil....you need a welder man! If you can easy access 220V, then an older unit like the link below is a GREAT welder. One like it repaired everything we broke on this farm up to 2" thick metal. Plus you can get them cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lincoln-AC-225-Stick-Welder-Tombstone-Old-Style-Copper_W0QQitemZ330289415964QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Welding_Supplies?hash=item330289415964&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  17:49:45  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

Now to Phil....you need a welder man! If you can easy access 220V, then an older unit like the link below is a GREAT welder. One like it repaired everything we broke on this farm up to 2" thick metal. Plus you can get them cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lincoln-AC-225-Stick-Welder-Tombstone-Old-Style-Copper_W0QQitemZ330289415964QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Welding_Supplies?hash=item330289415964&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Daniel, you are right and the price is right on the welder but the freight to LA is a killer ...$345.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 11/29/2008 17:50:10
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  18:21:24  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I knew it'd be out of li9ne shipping wise./ Just wantyed you to see the type welder I'd recommend youkeeping an eye out for. These welders were VERY common & likely many unused in you area. They seem to last forever too!

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  18:22:36  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lots of typo's in my last reply. Got a nasty head cold, so feel like @$#!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  18:42:57  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

Oh, I knew it'd be out of li9ne shipping wise./ Just wantyed you to see the type welder I'd recommend youkeeping an eye out for. These welders were VERY common & likely many unused in you area. They seem to last forever too!

I'll keep it in mind and be looking on craigslist as well.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

haykarenhardy

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  19:47:04  Show Profile  Visit haykarenhardy's Homepage Send haykarenhardy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phil,

Here's my two cents, variable amperage is nice. So are torches and a metal cutting band saw if you can find one. You do need a grinder from time to time.
Stan

Edited by - haykarenhardy on 11/29/2008 20:05:56
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic