Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1432 / Visits Today: 1432
Highest Active Users: 1432
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 First Year Ferguson TO20
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

lilypad

USA
638 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  00:51:20  Show Profile  Visit lilypad's Homepage Send lilypad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finally got my Ferguson TO20 running again. It has been setting for about 6 or 8 years. It had been converted to a 12 volt but it still had the 6 volt starter, which blew up. I didn't really need it so I let it set. Last year got the starter replaced and then it wouldn't start. Finally I put in a new 12 volt coil (with proper polarity), corrected the firing order and took off the carb and cleaned good with carb cleaner. A little starting fluid and it started and ran great. I let it run for a while to charge the battery and to see that it didn't over heat. Shut it off and while gathering my tools up noticed that gas was pouring out of the carb (I have the air cleaner disconnected). I had a new carb, installed it and now it runs great (except the governor doesn't work so I can go faster). I still need to get a new tube put in the rear left tire and then I can drive it. Not sure what I will do with it. Next I need to get to work on the 4041 and get it going.

RLM

Jon314

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2022 :  02:06:01  Show Profile Send Jon314 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice to get one more running. My IH350 had a carb problem a few years ago. I drove it to a friend to help with roofing. As it sat, gas poured out. Turns out that somehow gas siphoned up (it's an updraft carb) and filled the cylinders to the point that it ran out the exhaust manifold. None in the oil, was able to pull the plugs and turn it over to empty. Put it back together and no more problem. Strange things happen in the heat.
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2022 :  22:15:41  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You get that Ferguson running good it might be time to sell it. Those old tractors were well built but need to be run and used otherwise they can turn into a money hole in a hurry.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic