Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2356 / Visits Today: 2193
Highest Active Users: 2356
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Wheel Horse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jon314

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2021 :  00:34:11  Show Profile Send Jon314 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got a WH C120 Automatic. I bought is because of the Sweepster on it. Seller would part them but only $100 diff. For that I can just leave it attached. Great for leaves or excess grass. My problem is trying to keep the speed constant. There is no second lever like the Simplicity to keep the lever in a position. Just one rod to be moved. No notches to hold it anywhere.
I don't have enough hands to steer, raise the broom AND keep adjusting the forward speed. Hoping some of you have seen this problem and could suggest something.

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2021 :  21:23:32  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know what your talking about as I had the same GT. I don't recall mine moving from where it was set. Can't remember if there is a friction device to adjust or not. Have you looked at a parts breakdown?

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Jon314

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2021 :  03:19:32  Show Profile Send Jon314 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have not been able to find a parts breakdown. That might show some component meant to keep the speed constant. I have not found a WH site with manuals available. I was hoping one of the creative readers on this site may have run into the problem and found a solution.
Go to Top of Page

Jon314

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2022 :  02:12:46  Show Profile Send Jon314 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I talked to a co-worker who has a few Wheel Horses. Turns out there is supposed to be some scratch marks(not really deep enough to be called teeth) on the control rod and that is supposed to rub against a flat spring to keep it from moving. Well, that is all worn off so - no control.
Ideas keep rattling around, I keep looking for something to adapt to it because it's near impossible to steer, lift the broom and hold the speed steady with only 2 hands.
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2022 :  22:12:06  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Might find help here. Used to visit this sight and seemed like a good bunch of folks.
https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic