Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2055 / Visits Today: 1892
Highest Active Users: 2055
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Heart transplant.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2020 :  19:32:14  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Replaced the tired engine in my BigTen today. Removed the old one and cleaned all the muck out of the frame. There was a mouse nest but no signs of mouse pee yet.Stupid mouse made a bad choice with his winter provisions.In with all the clippings, weed seeds, thistle down etc. where he built his nest I found a chunk of the mouse bait I have around my shop.Guess it was his last meal.

After removing the original engine I prepped the replacement. Took off the sheet metal to clean out the mouse nest. After removing the nest I found that the ignition has been replaced with the magnatron system and the flywheel repolarized. Whoo Hoo. Great spark. I did get the replacement engine installed and bolted down; driveshaft reconnected; wiring hooked up and battery installed. It turns over with a nice fat blue spark. Tomorrow I will hook up the throttle and choke and fuel line; fill it with fresh oil; add gas and see how it runs. This engine is also from a BigTen but has a lot more compression and the guy I got it from said it runs good with no smoke so we will see. If all is well I will reinstall the grill and hood and mount my backup snowblower for the winter. Here are some pics from today.

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2020 :  21:08:31  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You made some good progress on that project.
I have a hate love relationship with mice. Hate to see them alive and love to see them dead.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  11:04:54  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also need to get some mouse bait around the tractors. Appreciate the photos, getting me motivated to get my shop in order.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  00:50:57  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Michael if you have any pets around be careful with the poison. They love it. I almost lost a good dog to that stuff.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5225 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  22:33:34  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

Michael if you have any pets around be careful with the poison. They love it. I almost lost a good dog to that stuff.

There is one pet cat who does go around the yard, so I'll have to make sure I keep that stuff in a place rodents get but not pets. Thx.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  02:54:39  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave, I’m glad this is a tractor post and not health.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  22:25:28  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the concern Phil.All good healthwise...

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic