Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3302 / Visits Today: 912
Highest Active Users: 3302
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Heart transplant.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
B10Dave Posted - 11/21/2020 : 19:32:14
Replaced the tired engine in my BigTen today. Removed the old one and cleaned all the muck out of the frame. There was a mouse nest but no signs of mouse pee yet.Stupid mouse made a bad choice with his winter provisions.In with all the clippings, weed seeds, thistle down etc. where he built his nest I found a chunk of the mouse bait I have around my shop.Guess it was his last meal.

After removing the original engine I prepped the replacement. Took off the sheet metal to clean out the mouse nest. After removing the nest I found that the ignition has been replaced with the magnatron system and the flywheel repolarized. Whoo Hoo. Great spark. I did get the replacement engine installed and bolted down; driveshaft reconnected; wiring hooked up and battery installed. It turns over with a nice fat blue spark. Tomorrow I will hook up the throttle and choke and fuel line; fill it with fresh oil; add gas and see how it runs. This engine is also from a BigTen but has a lot more compression and the guy I got it from said it runs good with no smoke so we will see. If all is well I will reinstall the grill and hood and mount my backup snowblower for the winter. Here are some pics from today.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
B10Dave Posted - 01/08/2021 : 22:25:28
Thanks for the concern Phil.All good healthwise...
skunkhome Posted - 01/04/2021 : 02:54:39
Dave, I’m glad this is a tractor post and not health.
B112 Posted - 11/23/2020 : 22:33:34
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

Michael if you have any pets around be careful with the poison. They love it. I almost lost a good dog to that stuff.

There is one pet cat who does go around the yard, so I'll have to make sure I keep that stuff in a place rodents get but not pets. Thx.
Cvans Posted - 11/23/2020 : 00:50:57
Michael if you have any pets around be careful with the poison. They love it. I almost lost a good dog to that stuff.

B112 Posted - 11/22/2020 : 11:04:54
I also need to get some mouse bait around the tractors. Appreciate the photos, getting me motivated to get my shop in order.
Cvans Posted - 11/21/2020 : 21:08:31
You made some good progress on that project.
I have a hate love relationship with mice. Hate to see them alive and love to see them dead.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1