Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1367 / Visits Today: 55
Highest Active Users: 1367
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Bush Hog Restoration
 JBI Prep for Paint

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
olcowhand Posted - 10/31/2008 : 15:51:47
Started today to break the JBI down in prep for painting. Hated to stop using it, but if I don't get it started I never will get it done. Plus the lift is getting weak & a NOS hydro & diff will be going in. Didn't get too far today, but tomorrow is my day off cow duty, so should get lots more taken apart.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
olcowhand Posted - 12/21/2008 : 21:45:42
quote:
Originally posted by haykarenhardy

I remember when you started on the Brush Hog tractor, Daniel, you did a good job.
Stan

Yep, I've been quite a while on this one. Seems as years tick by that it takes longer & longer to finish projects. Combo of older/slower & too much to do at times. Today was a tough day, but I made it through.
haykarenhardy Posted - 12/21/2008 : 19:37:20
I remember when you started on the Brush Hog tractor, Daniel, you did a good job.
Stan
Roy Posted - 12/16/2008 : 19:58:26
Your decals are a beautiful finishing touch.

That is one beautiful, mean looking, powerful tractor.

Carry on,
olcowhand Posted - 12/16/2008 : 18:47:41
Got the decals all on now, shy of the caps that go over hood hinge bolt area. Have to make decals for those yet. The decals on the fender boxes aren't factory as there were none there OE. There were soem glitches in the paint on one side, so I made these to help hide the spots. I call them my "Action Hogs"!

olcowhand Posted - 12/13/2008 : 22:46:52
quote:
Originally posted by Roy

Does the exhaust stack have a muffler hidden beneath the hood or is it just LOUD?

Got a baffle inside the 2" stainless pipe. Still has some sound, but she does sound good! Really not much louder than my Allis 416.
olcowhand Posted - 12/13/2008 : 22:45:07
quote:
Originally posted by terdybukrat

I know absolutely nothing about Bush Hog tractors, but that certainly looks like a beast! I'm assuming thats a Cat-0 3 pt. What are the vitals on the PTO(rpm...)?

The PTO rpm I couldn't get to 2,000rpm like my Massey tiller runs at on my Massey tractor. With the pulley room I could only get it to 1,200rpm, but surprisingly it tills just as well as with my Massey. If I wanted, I could change sprockets on my tiller to get it to speed, but no need since it tills fine, plus if sped up, she'd run too fast on the Massey. Yep, it's Cat 0.
Roy Posted - 12/13/2008 : 22:26:56
Does the exhaust stack have a muffler hidden beneath the hood or is it just LOUD?
terdybukrat Posted - 12/13/2008 : 21:35:54
I know absolutely nothing about Bush Hog tractors, but that certainly looks like a beast! I'm assuming thats a Cat-0 3 pt. What are the vitals on the PTO(rpm...)?
olcowhand Posted - 12/13/2008 : 16:56:01
You'll likely notice...the lower cut-out in the seat back....factory cut it sloppy, all slanted. The dash riser where instrument panel goes is also welded on a bit off kilter. Guess they used eyesight instead of jigs to do these things. That or their jigs were off!
olcowhand Posted - 12/13/2008 : 16:53:13
Well, I just like decals, instrument panel, and getting seat upholstered. She's gonna look pretty decent. Had some major hinkies in the paint, but leaving as-is. She's gonna be a worker anyway! Pics look great, but in person it's not a good paint job at all. I'm still happy. The red came out good and if the black bothers me, then I'll take those parts off later, sandblast to metal & do it right. I knew I was doing a rush job, but my patience isn't what it used to be.

olcowhand Posted - 11/27/2008 : 10:03:16
Just a cheapy hat I bought at Ozarkland store in Missouri. On my yearly dairy meeting trip I always stop & get me a couple. For $5 ya can't expect much!
skunkhome Posted - 11/25/2008 : 20:54:00
Is this what you were wanting Daniel?

BTW your hat has a stingy brim!
If I tighten my chin strap I can fly in a stiff wind.

skunkhome Posted - 11/24/2008 : 23:32:24
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

What happened to your avatar?

I had done some house cleaning on photobucket & dumped my pic. I have a smaller version, but cannot get it to work. Tried as [url] and [img} form, but still not doing something right...NEED HELP!

Email me your photo at Homeremedies@cox.net and I will try to get it to work using photo shop.
olcowhand Posted - 11/24/2008 : 11:22:14
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

What happened to your avatar?

I had done some house cleaning on photobucket & dumped my pic. I have a smaller version, but cannot get it to work. Tried as [url] and [img} form, but still not doing something right...NEED HELP!
Roy Posted - 11/23/2008 : 21:36:40
All that very shiny red paint is disgusting.

Carry on,

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1