Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 44 / Visits Today: 44
Highest Active Users: 44
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 ditch digger

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
snohiker Posted - 10/02/2011 : 22:22:29
dont think its a simplicity but its says its mounted to it http://www.searchtempest.com/results.php?location=03848&maxDist=50000®ion_us=1&search_string=simplicity&keytype=phrase&Region=na&cityselect=zip&page=0&showeb=1&category=8&subcat=grd&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/30/2017 : 15:00:39
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

Do you know of anyone with lower serial numbers?

I do not know of a lower serial #, but sadly, I have never had one with a legible serial number before. These were the aluminum, stamped serial # tags, and the Simplicity's seem to be stamped very poorly. The black paint on the tag also is typically mostly gone. I have noticed the B-1 tractors I have had, have a nicer serial number, but still suffer from missing paint.

The later foil tags were even worse...I have a nearly new B-10, and it is the only foil tag serial number I can make out. It is very faint. My 64 landlords have no sign of a serial number at all.

1014211 Posted - 05/27/2017 : 07:46:05
Looks very nice!
ac720nut Posted - 05/25/2017 : 12:45:52
Lookin nice Josh
skunkhome Posted - 05/24/2017 : 22:44:53
Do you know of anyone with lower serial numbers?
Cvans Posted - 05/24/2017 : 17:26:35
Sweet rig!

Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/24/2017 : 08:50:54
Everything needs a delicate cleaning, but I may leave the seat plastic wrap alone. The manufacturer logo still shows nicely, and I'm not sure the discoloration will clean off anyway.

Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/24/2017 : 07:32:21
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

That is incredible. #16! Could very well have been the first day of a 50+ year production run.

I thought the same thing. And for it to have lived its life within a dealership seems nearly impossible to me. Quite a heavy investment for them, I would imagine. I will work on loading pictures here.
skunkhome Posted - 05/22/2017 : 21:10:45
That is incredible. #16! Could very well have been the first day of a 50+ year production run.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/22/2017 : 15:11:47
quote:
Originally posted by 7010b1

very nice that is still one of my top 5 finds. weed cutter, trencher, post hole digger, AC loader and fork lift. i will have to keep dreaming one day. nice find.
found a weed cutter on ebay but no shipping. to far a way to get it on a tank of gas.

I'll keep my eyes peeled. Those weedcutters pop up fairly often nowadays, and I travel more than I should to feed the habit.

I did forget to report back on the latest Trencher. The story seems to hold some water. The tractor should clean up nice, and I was able to get it running with a fuel system cleaning. It seems to have seen very little use, and the saw is like new. The tractor has 725 badges on it, but everything about it points to a model 700, and a few things, told me it should be a Wonderboy. Sure enough, the model tag indicates a Wonderboy, and it is tractor serial number 16! I have since found Wonderboy badges, but need to remove the JB Weld that is holding the 725 badge backers on before I can have this one done. The old Schenuits were suffering under the load, so I threw on some OEM dual adapters and a matching set of 6-12's, and plan to put a dozer out front for shows this summer. I'm very pleased!

I can't seem to get photos to work, and photobucket is down. I Shared some info and pictures of the machine here, if you are able to view it on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/MIOldTractor/posts/?ref=page_internal
Cvans Posted - 02/26/2017 : 17:38:20
Nice find.
7010b1 Posted - 02/26/2017 : 13:57:59
very nice that is still one of my top 5 finds. weed cutter, trencher, post hole digger, AC loader and fork lift. i will have to keep dreaming one day. nice find.
found a weed cutter on ebay but no shipping. to far a way to get it on a tank of gas.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 01/25/2017 : 07:57:41
I have been travelling further and further so Western IL doesn't seem quite so far as it used to!
B-16_IC Posted - 01/24/2017 : 20:11:32
Really Josh!? Sure are nice! I will be wanting to trench a couple water lines this summer, bring one down.
skunkhome Posted - 01/24/2017 : 18:13:02
Very nice.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 01/24/2017 : 16:01:06
Digging up an old post, since it was one that stuck with me for quite some time. There are no pictures here, and the craigslist ads are long gone, but I have finally caught up with the machine from this listing.

It was a Simplicity 725 and groundsaw (trencher) with special order, 6" wide chain. I saved the old pictures, but lost them on a harddrive failure. Having this post to reference the area being Hartford CT, I kept networking among collectors in that area for about 5 and a half years, until finally catching wind of this machine. In the meantime, I had posted here previously, when I found a second trencher, which I regretably sold the following year: http://www.michaelstractors.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7989&SearchTerms=trencher

So, in spring of 2016, I had a friend in CT find the 725 and trencher, still with the fella who bought it in 2011. He purchased it, somewhat on my behalf, for the same price listed years earlier. A John Deere collector had it, no less! I've had it paid for, for some time, and today made arrangements to make the drive to the East Coast to pick it up the second week of March. Turns out, the story is that this was a dealer demo unit, and never sold. It was acquired at some point through a dealer closing, and has seen some, but very little, use. The seat is still plastic covered. I'm pretty pumped!

Interestingly, I purchased a third trencher earlier this year, that showed up at the Portland, IN show. It is only the 2nd one seen to have the 6" special order chain, and is in great shape, but missing the serial # plate. I've researched these a bit further and found that there was and early and late variety, and I'll now have one of each (for a short time)!

So I'll be sure to update when I get my first love home...I'm glad I stuck to it! My next find needs to be the A-10 auger. Several have exchanged hands this past year, so my hope is I may get a crack at one as they are unearthed, to complete the trio of Hens Teeth beside the forklift and trenchers.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1